Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2010 8:30:54 AM EDT
9 of my mags were bought from C Products.  very nice mag and no problems.  8 of the 9 are orange with the magpul logo on them.  One of them is simply orange and "5.56" on it.  I am going to replace my green follower mags with 3rd gen magpul mags, and was wondering if it is really worth it to replace the gen 2 followers with gen 3 ones.
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
9 of my mags were bought from C Products.  very nice mag and no problems.  8 of the 9 are orange with the magpul logo on them.  One of them is simply orange and "5.56" on it.  I am going to replace my green follower mags with 3rd gen magpul mags, and was wondering if it is really worth it to replace the gen 2 followers with gen 3 ones.

the answer is "NO" G2 and G3 is function the same..Green follower works fine too..but if it makes you feel good on swapping..go head w/ the G3 follower for the green..but not needed..
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
no.
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I use gen 1 followers and I don't have a need to upgrade.

When I buy new mags from now on, they will have the latest version
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The main difference I've noticed is the Gen III followers are "slicker" and have the rough edges around the top removed compared to the Gen II followers.

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Another no answer here.  Not enough difference to mess with them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top