Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2009 10:38:40 AM EDT
how much are these worth? I have one I might sell to a buddy but dont know what its worth.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
They used to be the only reliable 40-round magazine option out there, and as such were highly prized in the 3-gun world (sold for over $100 each during the AWB). Now there are many other excellent options for under $30, so I'd guess the market value has dropped considerably. Unless you find someone who wants it for its collector value, or who needs one to fit in their AR180, I doubt you could sell it for more than $25.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
how much are these worth? I have one I might sell to a buddy but dont know what its worth.

They're still selling (used)  for $70+ on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 4:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're still selling (used)  for $70+ on Gunbroker.

Yup, I had to do a search to check it out.  One sold at 77 and one at 89 lately.  I think there will always be some collector value with these, as with any Pre-89 import stuff.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, MY 2 cents. I have only one that I bought back in the 80's. During an 'updating all my mags with new magpul followers" day, I pulled out my Sterling, still new in the unopened wrap, and thought I'd see how well a no-tilt follower would fit or work in it. As I was taking the factory spring off the mag's follower, the damn wire snapped in two! I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. Never had that happen on dozens of G.I. mags, new or not. Now, it's hard for me to believe that of all the mags they made, I was the only one to get one with a brittle spring. I'm gonna order a few 40rd springs (CMMG or Cprod)  to keep for replacements, but if you have one of these, DO NOT count on the cheap ass springs at all. I had a post a couple of months ago asking where to get 40rd springs just because of this..........otherwise, don't sell it to a friend.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
These could still be worth something to the folks in the restricted states and collectors.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

These could still be worth something to the folks in the restricted states and collectors.

They are still worth something period.. End of story especially if you have an Armalite AR18/180 and want it to reliably feed.  Most modified AR 15 mags will not reliably feed, there are some differences in them. Plus the Sterling 40 rounders were and are high quality mags. I have not not physically had a chance to view a new C Products  mag but they look like they just copied the Sterling design. As such the C products mag should kick ass.  I love all my C Products 30 rounders and pretty much use nothing else.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still worth something period.. End of story especially if you have an Armalite AR18/180 and want it to reliably feed.  Most modified AR 15 mags will not reliably feed, there are some differences in them. Plus the Sterling 40 rounders were and are high quality mags. I have not not physically had a chance to view a new C Products  mag but they look like they just copied the Sterling design. As such the C products mag should kick ass.  I love all my C Products 30 rounders and pretty much use nothing else.  

We did not copy the Sterling magazine. Quite frankly we haven't even physically looked at or ever held one. A magazine cannot be made any different if you want 40 rounds. A 40 round magazine is a 40 round magazine!
Larry
Ok well thanks I was going to ask about that. It just seems many people have attempted to make a 40 round mag and have always failed to make a decent one.  I know when looking at my 30 round mags and a sterling they do not look the same in the feed lips. Excuse the crappy pic but you can see what I am talking about.

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]
just tried my new Cprod 40 for the first time....loaded her up with 40 and ripped them off without a hitch using my XCR.  Next time I go out I am going to run it some more and give my new CMMG 42 rounder a try.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
just tried my new Cprod 40 for the first time....loaded her up with 40 and ripped them off without a hitch using my XCR.  Next time I go out I am going to run it some more and give my new CMMG 42 rounder a try.

You can comfortably load an shoot 42 from our magazine.

Larry

Will do.....good to know

Link Posted: 1/16/2010 9:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry

Loaded it up to 42 and took it out today again and fired 42 without a hitch

Link Posted: 1/17/2010 3:14:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larry

Loaded it up to 42 and took it out today again and fired 42 without a hitch

Nice to know. Are you coming to Shot Show? 40 round magazines are being sold at an unbelievable Show special. Booth 2906.

Larry

Larry....I do plan on being there.  Since I will be starting 3 gun competitions next month, I plan on needing more of these mags.  What forms of payment will you be accepting?

Thanks for all you do

Link Posted: 3/17/2010 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I would high prices driven by the AR-180b crowd...   or your occasional NYer
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top