AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 32
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 6:48:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
Let us know if you have any drop free issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Creature:
PTFE coated. Much nicer than I expected. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153820/20190722_184450_jpg-1026319.JPG
Let us know if you have any drop free issues.
@Tigwelder1971
Vetted the last of these mags today...and they all dropped free slicker'n snot. Should I have expected anything less?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]

@Creature

I have heard a few reports of issues. Unfounded so far.

Good to hear your info, thank you.  
View Quote
Oh man, tig....what now? People having reporting issues with their reg okay surefeed mags? Got 6 not to long ago...they drop free, and ordered another 6 about a week ago. Okay...might not be so, ok.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:42:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creature] [#4]
Tooley, my guess is someone trolled a magazine thread out of jealousy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh...ok.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Another pack of okay mags came in from botach, no issues.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
My Springfield Armory Saint Edge Pistol (5.5.6) came with one Magpul 30 rd mag.  I've since purchased one more 30 rd and 4 40 round Magpul mags.  I rotate mags each day (e.g., 30 rds in a 30 rd mag, then the next day a 40 rd mag).  Cycle through mags once every six days.  To avoid spring compression issues.

Does anyone have knowledge of how good these mags operate when loaded for days or weeks at a time?

Lew
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:18:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Its better to just leave them loaded. Constant compression and decompression is what wears out springs. There are magazines left loaded for over 50 years that still work fine.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered a purple lancer mag from gun mag warehouse just a few days ago..and just got it in.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered some mags for Black Friday that arrived already

Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#12]
This mag didn't exactly "arrive" - I picked it up at a local show today - but I thought it was mildly interesting (to me at least). This is your run-of-the-mill GI surplus mag made by Okay Industries. What I thought was kind of interesting about it was that it is dated 9-04, the month before the '94 Assault Weapons Ban sunset (in October 2004). The mag doesn't have any LE/Government/Export Use Only restricted markings on it, despite being manufactured during the ban. I guess at that point, Okay had decided to remove the markings since the magazine probably wasn't expected to leave the factory before the ban ended (I'm guessing their mag body production was weeks or maybe even months ahead of final assembly and shipping). Anyway, I've never really bothered to look at what the latest dates were on these mags that still had restricted markings on them, so this one caught my interest.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I received three OD Green M2 PMAGs and an EMAG today that I ordered from Del-Ton. They weren't exactly cheap (full price), but I don't have any other these (I have windowed OD green M2s), so I thought I'd pick up a few, since I haven't seen them for sale in a while.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Found these at a surplus store in NoVA today for $20 each. I've never had any strong urge to find some of these, but I was surprised to see them, new in the bag, especially after the rush in VA ahead of their AWB vote last week. I never bought any when they were first introduced, so I thought I'd try them out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I am a sucker for grey GI mags.

Shout out to Primary Arms for the quick delivery (ordered Sunday night and arrived Wednesday afternoon)!

I also really like how I can fit eight mags in a small 511 field bag!

Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Found these at a surplus store in NoVA today for $20 each. I've never had any strong urge to find some of these, but I was surprised to see them, new in the bag, especially after the rush in VA ahead of their AWB vote last week. I never bought any when they were first introduced, so I thought I'd try them out.
View Quote
Are these particular mags not manufactured anymore?

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By M_O_G:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M_O_G:
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Magpul stopped making straight 20-round mags (MAG217) many years ago.  The only 20s they make now are the curved M3 version (MAG560).
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 6:31:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By EdDinIL:

Magpul stopped making straight 20-round mags (MAG217) many years ago.  The only 20s they make now are the curved M3 version (MAG560).
View Quote
Ah gotcha!

And it makes sense being that I have never seen these particular models in stores anywhere.

They do look sweet though, and I will be on the lookout for them to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sdacbob] [#20]
Picked up 5 of these yesterday before the new wave of snow hit us.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fnvBsTAwG2fkcmcAA

Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Just received these desert tan Okay Surefeed mags today. This obviously has nothing to do with function, but it's always a little disappointing to see a brand cheapen their products just a little bit. It looks like their current production mags have gone back to black baseplates, instead of the tan plates that they were using for several years to go with the body color. I'm sure it's much easier to produce one standard baseplate instead of a unique one for the tan mag. They're also packaged in a thin plastic bag rather than the handy ziploc bag they used to come in. I have no doubt they'll be just as durable and reliable as always, but the crazy high demand over the past year must have led to some small changes to streamline production and / or cut costs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered 10 of the black $10 Lancers, 5 days from order to delivery:
$10 Lancers
Page / 32
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top