Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2017 9:16:14 PM EDT
I remember seeing bad reviews of it on here. Now I see a rebate which makes it $119/500 at AIM.

Is it still a "no go"? I don't even recall the issues but I remember being steered clear of it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
It's had some overpressure issues in some people's guns and even blew one up, IIRC.

I've got a few thousand rounds of the stuff stocked up and fired a little over 1k through some of my ARs and I only saw signs of pressure issues with one of those (popped a few primers).

At that price, I'd probably get some.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]
My lots are from 2015, been shooting it for awhile in 90 degree temps. No issues so far.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Interested in recent reports with lot numbers, as for 240-250 per 1,000 shipped,  its the best deal going on brass while the rebate lasts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the cases GTG for reloading?

At that price I'd almost mark up the purchase as reloading component acquisition and think of the range time as case preparation (emptying them).
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Garbage caused several malfunctions in DD & KAC rifles that are otherwise flawless.  Finally the brass was bulged so much it was stuck in my chamber and had to mortar my rifle to get it unstuck, then I started examining spent brass and all of it was bulged and primers blown out galore.  I'd stay far away from that stuff, I gave the rest of it away to a guy who wanted to shoot it in his bolt action.  You couldn't pay me to use that ammo.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the cases GTG for reloading?

At that price I'd almost mark up the purchase as reloading component acquisition and think of the range time as case preparation (emptying them).
View Quote
Beautiful brass. In my opinion it is some of the best brass that you can acquire that is not specifically made to match grade tolerances.

I have used old Winchester 2001 era Q3131A IMI made brass to shoot under .3 MOA groups with my savage bolt action tactical 223 rifle.

It is very beautiful brass and stands up well to multiple reloads.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top