Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2017 2:34:24 PM EDT
SG AMmo has this in stock https://goo.gl/nmNLVQ

Best accuracy to date from my gun. Again this is hard to quantify from me to you, since we all have different guns, and shooting abilities  I'd like to get a leadsled to mount to our table 

5.56x45mm, 55gr FMJ M193, CBC/Magtech
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was just delivered yesterday, have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

How was it?

Was it clean and what type of accuracy did you get with it?

There was a comment on SG's site by a user that said it wouldn't function in his Wylde chamber. So, I'm a little concerned until I get a chance to shoot it. I would bet that the issue was with his rifle and not the ammo.

If I get good results with  it, I'll buy a few more cases once they are back in stock.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal

Glad I picked up 2k a couple weeks ago
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine was just delivered yesterday, have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

How was it?

Was it clean and what type of accuracy did you get with it?

There was a comment on SG's site by a user that said it wouldn't function in his Wylde chamber. So, I'm a little concerned until I get a chance to shoot it. I would bet that the issue was with his rifle and not the ammo.

If I get good results with  it, I'll buy a few more cases once they are back in stock.
View Quote
Hard for me to justify "clean" as most of my firearms are always dirty from suppressor use. I had .75" group at 75 yards with a non magnified optic. Velocities close to IMI M193, functioned good in my three guns
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been waiting on someone to chrono this ammo... and it looks really good. Thanks for the work....
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the batch I bought, and they blow up water jugs very well. I noticed each round has two sets of four VERY tiny letters and numbers laser? etched onto the brass case in the extractor groove.
Mine is ZB043, and all the CBC rounds I checked have these. I have never seen this before. Lot# CBC09D-043. It strikes me that this may be a way to trace the ammo? Also, it had to up the price of each round a
small amount. This ammunition shows the German touch of quality. (We all know who owns and runs the factory's in Brazil)
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like yours is also 2008 batch, same as what I received.

Trying to get out ot the range today to try a few hundred  rounds.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered some, gonna give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Buffman

Have you run a comparsion of the Magtech 5.56 to the Wolf Gold .223?

Just back from the range and for me, the Wolf Gold seemed a little more accurate and not as hot.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Mark
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Buffman

Have you run a comparsion of the Magtech 5.56 to the Wolf Gold .223?

Just back from the range and for me, the Wolf Gold seemed a little more accurate and not as hot.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Mark
View Quote
I tested Wolf Gold back a few months ago when it was colder. I did not test accuracy. I can see about getting some more..
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I tested Wolf Gold back a few months ago when it was colder. I did not test accuracy. I can see about getting some more..
View Quote
Great!

Now, not sure if the difference between a .223 and 5.56 will impact the test results since they are not exactly apples to apples.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:52:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, Buffman. I've been waiting for your test. Picked up 2 more cases.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Finally got around to cleaning my rifle last night and it was not dirty at all.... this ammo burns pretty clean.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]
This is some of the best packaged ammo I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been eyeing this stuff as well but I sure do love my WG.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Been looking at these for a while. With the positive reviews and the price drop to under 280 shipped without worrying about a rebate, figured that's pretty good for M193. Especially with a free can and all sealed up. Ive been gravitating towards heavier bullets, but this will do.

Dont see them getting much cheaper, but who knows.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I ended up buying up a can yesterday, so we will see how it goes. Interested based on reports of being clean, accurate, and excellent packaging. Anyone know the stats on this versus Wolf? Fps and all that..
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I think I may buy two more this weekend.  Price is great!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Been looking at these for a while. With the positive reviews and the price drop to under 280 shipped without worrying about a rebate, figured that's pretty good for M193. Especially with a free can and all sealed up. Ive been gravitating towards heavier bullets, but this will do.

View Quote
Where are you finding them under $280 shipped? SG adds $18 for shipping.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always try to buy from SGAmmo but right now, Target Sports has it 279 shipped...if SGAmmo could match it, I'd buy the next two from them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
SG AMmo has this in stock https://goo.gl/nmNLVQ

Best accuracy to date from my gun. Again this is hard to quantify from me to you, since we all have different guns, and shooting abilities http://www.akfiles.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I'd like to get a leadsled to mount to our table http://www.akfiles.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cPAOSRz_rg
View Quote

Thanks for the info!  Have you ever tried IMI 55 and 62 grain?  If so, how would say it compares accuracy wise and hotter?
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I always try to buy from SGAmmo but right now, Target Sports has it 279 shipped...if SGAmmo could match it, I'd buy the next two from them.
View Quote
I thank you! (...but my wallet doesn't )
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a can of this right after target sports usa listed it for sale a few months ago. I have not had a chance to shoot any of it as I have a bunch of other ammo as well.
Glad to see it looks like some good stuff. I originally bought it to just have some cheap stuff for times I want to have fun at the range and not go for accuracy. I will be interested in seeing other peoples results with this ammo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just bought a lot. I hate myself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info!  Have you ever tried IMI 55 and 62 grain?  If so, how would say it compares accuracy wise and hotter?
View Quote
Yes I tested the IMI last month. This was hotter. I'm working on a lead sled I got to help with the accuracy portion:
5.56x45mm, 55gr FMJ, M193 IMI Systems, Velocity and Accuracy Test
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I have been shooting quite a bit of this CBC along with Wolf Gold for about 8 weeks now. You can feel the heavier load of this CBC.
In my three rifles, 2 each 16" and the other an 18" Wylde, it out shoots the Wolf after 100 yards. At 220 yard range, this stuff shoots flatter than the Wolf Gold.
I was sighted in at 200 for the Wolf Gold. I readjusted the front sight nearly back to my 100 yard setting. I am only using the carry handle sights and flip up sights.
Plain old peep sights.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Will slowly rotate out my old Guat M193 for these.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I hope this stuff is good. I just bought 3 cans of it. Thanks SGAMMO, always suckering me in with their prices.

Glad to hear you're getting good results and velocity. Wolf gold has been good to me so far, and AE223M fair. Once I burn through those I'll get to really use this stuff. Maybe in a month or so I'll test a couple boxes (no chrono, just accuracy).

ETA: grammar.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope this stuff is good. I just bought 3 cans of it. Thanks SGAMMO, always suckering me in with their prices.

Glad to hear you're getting good results and velocity. Wolf gold has been good to me so far, and AE223M fair. Once I burn through those I'll get to really use this stuff. Maybe in a month or so I'll test a couple boxes (no chrono, just accuracy).

ETA: grammar.
View Quote
I usually use Wolf Gold and also have very good luck with it. I do like this Magtech ammo and seems to be just as accurate as the Wolf Gold... just a tad hotter.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really like the batch I bought, and they blow up water jugs very well. I noticed each round has two sets of four VERY tiny letters and numbers laser? etched onto the brass case in the extractor groove.
Mine is ZB043, and all the CBC rounds I checked have these. I have never seen this before. Lot# CBC09D-043. It strikes me that this may be a way to trace the ammo? Also, it had to up the price of each round a
small amount. This ammunition shows the German touch of quality. (We all know who owns and runs the factory's in Brazil)
View Quote
How in the h did you spot the rim engraving?  I had to take a phone pic to see what's on mine.  "ZB096" Lot CBC11F-096.  I bought a case at my LGS yesterday to play with new BUIS.  Come on Saturday!
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#30]
I am VERY nearsighted, and I can see better up close than most folk. Still, just luck that I spotted those.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I just got my can in and wow it is very high quality.  I'm amazed by the can, and the packing on the inside.  Vacuumed sealed with desiccant.  Didn't bother opening up the bag.  Will definitely have to get more when they go on sale again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Was it all in one bag, or battle pack type?

I'd be very happy if it's battle pack style. I got some PPU like that, 10x 20 boxes. Works great.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Was it all in one bag, or battle pack type?

I'd be very happy if it's battle pack style. I got some PPU like that, 10x 20 boxes. Works great.
View Quote
Never had "battle packs", so I cant be sure, but I believe so.  They are in packs of 4-50rd boxes, stacked upwards.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Hell yeah! That's how I got the ppu (as far as the plastic goes). It's not exactly a battle pack (200 rounds in a MRE style plastic with handle cuts), but I won't feel bad about opening the can.

My cans are sitting at my brothers place until I can go shoot, so I'm excited to hear about this stuff. Hopefully next weekend.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm glad I got a case for myself. It's military sealed so good for long term
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#36]
The 50rd boxes save a lot of space. I usually put 420rds in my go cans (20rd boxes), but I fit 450 with room to spare using this ammo. I ended up using some of the Styrofoam it came with and packing peanuts to take up the extra space.

The s&b 9mm nato also has tiny boxes, so I'm sure that helped. Usually I pack it with Winchester q4318, which are the size of most 45acp boxes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The 50rd boxes save a lot of space. I usually put 420rds in my go cans (20rd boxes), but I fit 450 with room to spare using this ammo. I ended up using some of the Styrofoam it came with and packing peanuts to take up the extra space.

The s&b 9mm nato also has tiny boxes, so I'm sure that helped. Usually I pack it with Winchester q4318, which are the size of most 45acp boxes.
View Quote
I hate inefficient packaging for 9MM.  The Federal, Speer and Blazer Brass takes up so much room.  I have some Magtech 9mm too and their boxes are small with minimal waste.  Can almost fit 2 boxes of Magtech for each of the other ones.  But I will say I like how the bigger boxes fit across a .50 can.  Makes my OCD happy, LOL.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Target sports upped the price, its 299 shipped. SGAmmo looks to be the best deal as of right now as is 297 shipped and that including the shipping cost.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hate inefficient packaging for 9MM.  The Federal, Speer and Blazer Brass takes up so much room.  I have some Magtech 9mm too and their boxes are small with minimal waste.  Can almost fit 2 boxes of Magtech for each of the other ones.  But I will say I like how the bigger boxes fit across a .50 can.  Makes my OCD happy, LOL.
View Quote
At least the Winchester boxes use styrofoam, which actually cushions the rounds. All in all I do agree that 45 size 9mm boxes are zika-aids though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Has anyone had any accuracy issues with this ammo? I'm positive it's just my one rifle, that tends to eat everything. 7-8" at 100 with this stuff, next to 2-3" with wolf gold. Shot out of the same magazine at the same time, just on a different target.

My other rifle groups it around 3". So I'm pretty sure it's just the one rifle.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top