Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/9/2017 5:02:30 PM EDT
Purchased some 17 stamped m193 lake city, the primer is now stakes in four spots. My stock of 1000 14 stamped lake city m193 is not staked, but you can see the sealer and crimp. Is this new manufacturing process? Better or worse?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, thanks for the info. I just got into reloading so I would imagine the unstaked lc cases are preferred?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
LC doesn't produce all their own components, like brass, in-house. Different subcontractors may choose to crimp the primers differently, and as long as it meets milspec it gets used interchangeably.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, thanks for the info. I just got into reloading so I would imagine the unstaked lc cases are preferred?
View Quote
Not really, you can remove the stake pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd MUCH prefer staked primers.  round crimps are harder to remove consistently with a swage.  Stakes are easy.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not really, you can remove the stake pretty quickly.
View Quote

This, I can remove the crimp of hundreds of pieces in an hour or so. I chuck up a RCBS Trim Mate in drill. Clamp the drill to the bench and go.

LC crimps are usually not difficult to remove. A quick touch on the trim mate and done.

The worst crimps I ever removed is from PRVI/PPU. Their crimps are huge and take 2-3 seconds each to remove. I quit buying PPU XM193 because of it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is this new manufacturing process? Better or worse?
View Quote

new staking for the m855a1 that was popping primers

better if anything
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top