Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/1/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
Shot some of the Wolf Gold ammo I had purchased mid-2016 or so.

All went bang and functioned  as expected from the middy AR I have.

POI at the 200 yard target I shot yield a "pattern"  of 8- 10 inches.

Tried my 55 gn handloads and the POI yield a group of 3-4 inches.

Seems I remember that there were "issues" with some Lots of Wolf Gold several years ago.

Anyone recall that?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is the the stuff that came in "white" boxes. It was made by Privi partisan.
I noticed that some rounds were loaded light and would short stroke the action.
It was safe to shoot, but the gun would run reliable all day and then eject the spent case and not feed the next.
Burnt what I had up. it was a gift from a friend.
Federal Xm193 is my go to round. I burn up alot of this stuff.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never had any issues with WG or PRVI. I don't recall any issues posted here, but my memory isn't perfect.

What are the specs of your barrel?

Did you check for strikes on your FH or does your crown have any blems?
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used about 2500 rds of Wolf Gold over the past three months from different batches ranging from 2013 to 2016.

Never had an issue until yesterday (2016 batch). I had one round ftf. I ejected it, loaded it back in the mag and it went bang the second time. Appeared to be a light strike.

Other than that, no issues and it has always been pretty accurate and clean, for a sub- .30 cent per round ammo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot 6K+ rounds of WG in the past 2 years. Never a single issue. PPU M193 blows a primer occasionally.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top