Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/27/2017 8:44:23 PM EDT
I did a search on ammoseek.com to include 'match' +brass case in the 223Rem section, and Colt National Match 62gr came up as the cheapest, along side PPU 69gr.

I can't find any kind of information or reviews on the stuff except that it is being made in partnership with Double Tap. Has any tried this out yet? If I could get 1-2moa groups out of it, I'd be happy for the price.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt as far as I know does not load ammo...the PPU 69 grain loaded ammo sounds like the same match ammo I hand load with 69 Nosler or Sierra match grade bullets.  I bet the PPU will deliver the 1 to 2 MOA you desire.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt as far as I know does not load ammo...the PPU 69 grain loaded ammo sounds like the same match ammo I hand load with 69 Nosler or Sierra match grade bullets.  I bet the PPU will deliver the 1 to 2 MOA you desire.
View Quote
Right, they partnered with Double Tap to make various loads. They also make a 'defense' version that has a bonded 62gr bullet.

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/06/doubletap-produce-exclusive-colt-defense-colt-national-match-competition/#axzz4lFgOHnnM

I do have some of the PPU 69gr and it is a great round, gives me a average of 2moa. It's just that every so often the PPU Match disappears from the market (the 75gr is very hard to find right now). I like that the Colt Match is 62gr which should give me a similar POI for the rounds I use for bulk/plinking.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What distance are you shooting ?
View Quote
Usually 300 yards or below.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm curious why they chose to name a 62 gr FMJ round "national match".   That's a bullet weight and bullet configuration pretty much nobody anywhere is going to use for a National Match course of fire - ever.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top