Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2017 7:26:30 PM EDT
For those that are shooting it, how does it perform? I've found Wolf 223 to have horrible accuracy.  I don't expect miracles from steel case 6.5 either, but it'd be nice if it could shoot 2-3 inches at 100 yards.

I am considering getting my first SBR.  The Grendel is on the list as one of the calibers I might choose, and it'd be nice to not have to chase brass every time I take it to the range.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm building a 12.5" Grendel right now. My only experience with it is from a couple buddies who've shot it beside me at the range. Both got around 2 MOA out of it. Good enough for practice and stashing at the price its at, as the bullet supposedly acts a lot like 7n6, just with more oomph.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't shot mine yet, but I've seen reports in the 2-3 moa range. Not bad for super cheap steel ammo.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I was ringing 6" steel at 200 last weekend with it
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
2-3 MOA for me.  Out of 12, 16, and 18" barrels.   I spent some time at 100 yards the other day, certain that I could do better, but out of every five round group there was always at least one flyer that screwed it up.

I have been able to take it to 450 yards with pretty boring repeatability on a 10 inch steel plate.  The hits are all over that steel plate, but still hits.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep before the next ban on Russian imports
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top