Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/10/2017 7:23:18 PM EDT
Was going to order some of this but the "Magtech" in the description makes me hesitate. Looking at the packaging, it seems to be good old MEN manufactured in Germany with no mention of Magtech that I can see. Anyone tried this ammo?

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Where from? It's German MEN, probably a typo with Magtech
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe Magtech owns MEN. It's German MEN made ammo. Top tier.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe Magtech owns MEN. It's German MEN made ammo. Top tier.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to go ammo. One of the better ball ammos.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
MEN is some of the best 7.62 NATO ever made, match in quality.

If Lapua made a 7.62 NATO load, it would be like MEN.

I just saw some of this come through the Precision Rifle Clinic up at Boomershoot in April.

One of the other coaches, who is a huge M-14 guy dating back to the 1970s, (guest instructor for numerous SOTIC courses at Fort Lewis, has deployed in the sniper duty position with his M-14s, keeps logs of every type of ammo he has shot) showed me his binders of log data on his guns.

He had an 8rd ragged hole at 100yds from an M-14, best group I've ever seen from an old horse.

Spotting for it, it was flat as sin for .308, nothing like 168gr SMK.

If I had a .308 and came across that ammo, I'd be tempted to stack it deep.

Think German precision anal-retentive behavior from engineers and high European manufacturing applied to ammunition.  They never got the memo it was supposed to be ball.

I also conferred with a buddy of mine who taught Sniper Courses at ITC in Germany, and he had great experiences with MEN as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's like the older 90's cupro-nickel jacketed stuff in battle packs, it's great. I recently had my M1A NM in a lead sled testing out the gas system
and replaced sear (broke falling in my safe) and I got this group with 90's MEN iron sights. Honestly didn't even know this rifle was this accurate

Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's like the older 90's cupro-nickel jacketed stuff in battle packs, it's great. I recently had my M1A NM in a lead sled testing out the gas system
and replaced sear (broke falling in my safe) and I got this group with 90's MEN iron sights. Honestly didn't even know this rifle was this accurate

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm94/svc350/M1A%20group_zpsjj8u15wo.jpg
View Quote
100 yards? 

I have a couple of cases of that 90's MEN stashed in the basement somewhere. 
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top