Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 10:40:05 PM EDT
Is there any company that ppl gravitate to or favor over others for close to mid plinking?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a very generalized question.

First you pick the bullet weight or weight range you want, then the style of case/primer. Then you wait for a sale with free shipping.

There are so many companies that make M-193 or a clone for example, that there isn't a single answer to your question.

A generic 55 grain load may be anything from non-brass Berdan primed to decent quality reloadable brass. Those don't cost the same due to the value of the brass case.

If you watch Gun-Deals for the market prices with shipping, you will know instantly if you are paying above or below the market rate.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there any company that ppl gravitate to or favor over others for close to mid plinking?
View Quote

black hills, other than that dont buy reloads
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolf Gold is cheap enough for buying new in bulk, then reloading out of. Then again, that's assuming you're referring to .223/5.56 caliber.

Otherwise anyone have any experience with Minuteman Munitions...new .223 Rem...or the company in general?

Also, I've seen many people refer to using Freedom Munitions reloads. I only have experience with their new manufacture stuff which is decent. Otherwise I personally would stay away from reman in general.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had really good luck with a lot of freedom munitions reloads in pistol calibers, but to be honest, with the price of NEW FACTORY 556, I haven't really bothered with them for 556. Their prices are, at best, 2-3 cents lower than wolf gold or MagTech 556/223.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had really good luck with a lot of freedom munitions reloads in pistol calibers, but to be honest, with the price of NEW FACTORY 556, I haven't really bothered with them for 556. Their prices are, at best, 2-3 cents lower than wolf gold or MagTech 556/223.
View Quote
As a side note, what is the real with their issues stocking .223 55gr New along with 5.56 55gr New? The later being out of stock for like 5 months now...
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As a side note, what is the real with their issues stocking .223 55gr New along with 5.56 55gr New? The later being out of stock for like 5 months now...
View Quote
I've been buying ammo from Freedom Munitions since 2013, what I've noticed about their stocking/sales processes:
    1. They load ammo in batches, and they work through tons of each variety before moving to the next, its not unusual to see a specific bullet out of stock for weeks, and sometimes months
    2. I have a pretty good feeling that they "hide" in stock ammo in the days and weeks leading up to a big sale, likely to generate more traffic on the site.
    3. They have been running more surplus 556 lately, possibly an indicator that they aren't going to bother loading up the 55gn stuff as much anymore. It likely has a much lower profit margin for them
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I also firmly believe they keep things out of stock on purpose, definitely for more time then necessary. The issue being whenever I happen to want ammunition, anything I need is always sold out. It's getting annoying to the point where I'll just order Wolf Gold. My other issue being since 2013 at least, they've been having stock & production issues? That's kind of upsetting and sad, four years later and no progress to better themselves.

In regards to 5.56, I think they're personally giving up on producing that caliber due to the different measures to ensure NATO standards. They're taking the easier way out and solely focusing on .223 Rem. It's almost like, if you want to fire 5.56...you need to order from the big mighty manufacturing companies.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a correspondence between me and Brenda of Freedom. Mind you, this stems from me receiving emails of items I want stating they're in stock and to hurry quick. Anyway, after emailing and getting a response back...think I ever got a response from their supervisor or customer support division? NOPE!

Me: I continuously receive emails telling me "Want it? Better get it now!" When I follow the "Take Another Look" link, the ammunition is unsurprisingly out of stock. Mind you, as soon as I get the email, I am clicking the link. There is no possible way you guys are selling out that quick (.223 55gr New). This also applies to many other calibers, including 5.56 55gr New, which I'll mention has been out of stock for at least four or five months now. If you are actually showing stock of said calibers and are in fact selling that quick, see below. I have been getting low on my stock and love FM ammo but if this out of stock stuff continues to happen, I'm going to start looking elsewhere. In my opinion, Freedom Munitions never accumulates a sufficient stock to handle initial bulk orders, therefore when something comes in stock, people drain it in literally the first few hours. Then the wait begins for weeks at a time. That is, until you show (and somehow accurately email everyone that) an item is back in stock. What exactly is the deal, who is in charge of manufacturing and logistics? I'd like to discuss with them the principles of supply and demand. If there are manufacturing issues, Freedom surely does not take "the right" step and notify all customers of a delay. I think it is also clear, your remanufactured line is not as high in demand. Has anyone ever thought of titrating production down on said line? I can't express the frustration felt and not only on my part but on behalf of thousands of other customers who prefer your ammunition. Again, I love your ammunition. Among many of the American made manufacturers, yours is among the cleanest in appearance and function. The price is always right and I've never experienced issues. Call this tough love but if Freedom is to sustain business, I believe changed need to occur.

Brenda: Hi, Your inquiry has been forwarded to one of our Customer Service Team Members. We value your business and we will respond to your email as soon we are able.

Our business hours are Monday-Friday 7am - 3pm PST.

Thank you for your email!

Brenda A
Customer Service Team Member
The Freedom Munitions Team
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I understand your frustrations, I've really liked the ammo I've gotten from them, and they do a great job supporting a lot of shooting sports, which makes me want to support them even more. But, until I find them more reliable on rifle ammo, I'll continue to use them solely for pistol rounds. They seem to keep up with 9mm, 40, and 45 just fine. As for the customer service, I'm under the impression that they stay mostly slammed with business, if you look at their facebook user comments section, its usually plagued with people complaining about delayed shipping, with freedom responding that they're working hard to keep up with orders. I don't mind the wait, as I order far in advance of running out, and I think its great that they seem to be doing so well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Me: I continuously receive emails telling me "Want it? Better get it now!" When I follow the "Take Another Look" link, the ammunition is unsurprisingly out of stock. Mind you, as soon as I get the email, I am clicking the link. There is no possible way you guys are selling out that quick (.223 55gr New). This also applies to many other calibers, including 5.56 55gr New, which I'll mention has been out of stock for at least four or five months now. If you are actually showing stock of said calibers and are in fact selling that quick, see below.
View Quote
I think this is a script issue on their webpage, if you look at an in stock product (I think you might have to add it to your cart, but maybe not), and then don't order within a certain time frame, they'll send you the "don't forget" email. If you sign up for stock notifications on their OOS items, you'll get a different email when its back in. This issue is not unique to their site, I just saw the same type of problem with a barrel from Faxon that I wanted but was out of stock. 12 hours later they sent the email saying "hurry back before its gone" or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

black hills, other than that dont buy reloads
View Quote
This

BH is the only reloads I would shoot. Look for the kaboom post on this page. You will see what happens when you shoot other people's reloads.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I understand your frustrations, I've really liked the ammo I've gotten from them, and they do a great job supporting a lot of shooting sports, which makes me want to support them even more. But, until I find them more reliable on rifle ammo, I'll continue to use them solely for pistol rounds. They seem to keep up with 9mm, 40, and 45 just fine. As for the customer service, I'm under the impression that they stay mostly slammed with business, if you look at their facebook user comments section, its usually plagued with people complaining about delayed shipping, with freedom responding that they're working hard to keep up with orders. I don't mind the wait, as I order far in advance of running out, and I think its great that they seem to be doing so well.
View Quote
Yeah I may just stick with them for pistol at the very most until I see they can efficiently produce rifle rounds on a regular basis. They're a large company, they can't be that swamped but oh well.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top