Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2017 11:56:07 AM EDT
I've seen wolf gold sold in 50 cal ammo cans so this should work, but I cannot figure how to pack it. One images looks like it's packed 7 across with boxes on end and 2 high. I can't get 7 to fit that way - especially in the corner. In the middle it bulges the can a bit and I can cram 7. Is there a trick to this?

Also, in that image what's under the 6 in the front half? If 6 more that would be more than 50 boxes. Just foam spacer or am I counting wrong?

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I forget that youtube has pretty much anything you'd ever want to know. That does look different from the pic I posted. Still curious how they got 7 across.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to tell but is that a fat .50 can in your pic?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to tell but is that a fat .50 can in your pic?
View Quote
What's a fat .50 can? According to the site it's an M2A1 can which I believe is also called a 50 cal can.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-rounds-ammo-can-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-brass-case-non-magnetic-wolf-gold-a
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks. I forget that youtube has pretty much anything you'd ever want to know. That does look different from the pic I posted. Still curious how they got 7 across.
View Quote
No worries. I have to review that video each time I pack a .50 can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What's a fat .50 can? According to the site it's an M2A1 can which I believe is also called a 50 cal can.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/1000-rounds-ammo-can-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-brass-case-non-magnetic-wolf-gold-a
View Quote
A fat can is an ammo can designed for SAW 200rd x 4 plastic boxes. The can on the SGA site is a standard .50 cal can, hence the "M2A1" nomenclature.

Bunch of data on various ammo cans here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I got that exact deal from SGAmmo and that's how they packed it.  Didn't notice a size difference from my other .50 cal cans.  It was certainly tight, and there may be a slight bulge, I'll check when I get home.  Under the rounds at the end it's arranged a bit differently, looks a bit sloppier on the bottom and has some unused space.  I can take some pictures if you'd like.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got that exact deal from SGAmmo and that's how they packed it.  Didn't notice a size difference from my other .50 cal cans.  It was certainly tight, and there may be a slight bulge, I'll check when I get home.  Under the rounds at the end it's arranged a bit differently, looks a bit sloppier on the bottom and has some unused space.  I can take some pictures if you'd like.
View Quote
Sure. I'd be interested to see how they did it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]
For my ammo can, I take the BB's out of the box first.   In case there is a need for speed when reloading mags.

Yes I have a lot of mags too.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top