Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 10:54:32 AM EDT
Is the Black 155 AMAX replacing the FPD?

I don't see the FPD on the website anymore.  They also list the Black with an initial velocity of 2850 versus the FPD at 2785.  Do you think that's different barrel lengths or is the Black hotter?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Specs look close, but cases are bare brass instead of nickel-plated, making it more comparable to non-nickeled Law Enforcement Only TAP rather than TAP FPD.

It seems from my quick glance at the site that Hornady discontinued the TAP FPD line. My guess is not very many people want to pay extra for nickel plated rifle brass when the LE contract ammo is bare brass...

Interesting thing is this is a change of pace from when Hornady's products were opposite of Vista Outdoor loading Federal Fusion in brass cases for civvies and having nickel-plated cases for their LE Gold Dot .308 not available to civvies.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top