Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2017 4:59:22 PM EDT
I've got equal amounts of brown box LC, PMC, and Independence (IMI) versions of M193 55gr. I haven't shot them each enough to really notice any differences. They all run fine in my 3 rifles.

I would like to start stocking up more though and burn through the other 2 types first. Carbine course and more range trips in the near future.

In yalls experience is one of these 3 cleaner than the others or better for longevity and stocking deep? I'm assuming the LC is the way to go? The PMC seems a bit cleaner though.

Or is OP splitting hairs and wasting a post
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
IMI m193
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
In the thread from the guys at Battlefield Vegas, where they go through millions of rounds of ammo, they use the Wolf Gold Taiwanese stuff.  That is a pretty glowing endorsement to me...

I roll my own.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If I was looking to stock an M193 clone it would be PMC X-TAC

But I find wolf gold just as effective. and $35 bucks less per case
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Wolf Gold. Currently $289 ish shipped and falling in price weekly. Very good accuracy for a ball round and good reloadable brass. Labeled .223 but within about 60 fps of M193 velocity spec. Independence is made in Israel with Federal components by IMI. Very concerned by their recent over pressure lots. Used to be top quality ammo beyond reproach.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Prvi M193 has been a good performer for me. I really like it.

SGAmmo has it in stock for the same price as Wolf Gold. Wolf Gold is another good choice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IMI m193
View Quote
+1 on actual IMI that comes in the brown, 30-round boxes. Independence is supposedly made at the same factory, not sure if it is current production or seconds compared to the stuff in the 1200 round cases. Sealed primers and bullet are good for long term storage. Burns very well in my rifles.

So far no flash holes off center, like in some PMC X-TAC, if you reload that is.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top