Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2017 3:13:55 PM EDT
When run down the tube of a good AR (or maybe a Sig 556R), what sort of accuracy can you expect/is being seen from the current lot of TULA 7.62X39 ammo?  How does it compare to Wolf?  What about the 154 Gr. loading (I have heard that the projectile performs well and to me sounds like good feral hog medicine)?

Thanks in advance for the insights.
Old SF
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never used it in a converted AR.
X39 shoots like a rainbow, is kinda slowish and was replaced by the Russians a long time ago.
Tula is fine, and comparable with Wolf. Lots of folks hate on it but for plinking it will work. Don't swallow all the hype about how inaccurate the round is. The 154 is a little better than the 122-124 offerings for terminal effects in game. For protection, the 8M3 Tula is showing promise but I wouldn't use it to hunt with.
Yugo M67, Tula 154 are pretty good performers. Federal Fusion, Hornady SST, and there is a copper projectile by Barnes that is domestic and top performing but I don't remember the name. Winchester makes a good SD round in the PDX1.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
About the same as when you shoot wolf/tula steel 223 in a 223 ar, 2-4", and bug holes with good ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top