Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/7/2017 6:10:00 PM EDT
Speer Gold Dot 64gr vs (X)M855/ZQI 62gr

I understand all brands and lots will have a different zero, but I'm looking for some consistency. I tend to mostly shoot 62gr federal or ZQI for target, but am looking for a defensive/hunting round with minimal adjustment for rezero out to say 300yards

Curious to know if anyone has a comparison between the 64gr speers and 62gr ss109s trajectories and points of impact at various distance
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Every rifle is different. I have a 14.5 BA Hanson that shoots same POA/POI out to 300 with the ZQI and 50g American eagle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
64 GD and X-Tac M855 is pretty close, and close enough for my shooting. Irons.
I'm not a M855 fan, don't like it, flies like an out of balance tire rolls and has terminals that remind me of the same. The X-Tac is the best I've found for me.
I haven't tried the ZQI but read a lot of good reviews. For some reason, the 75 grain Gold Dot also hits in the same area but without optics it is hard to narrow it much.
I also don't consider 300 yards a SD range, but people say I'm weird.
Happy shopping
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Speer Gold Dot 64gr vs (X)M855/ZQI 62gr

I understand all brands and lots will have a different zero, but I'm looking for some consistency. I tend to mostly shoot 62gr federal or ZQI for target, but am looking for a defensive/hunting round with minimal adjustment for rezero out to say 300yards

Curious to know if anyone has a comparison between the 64gr speers and 62gr ss109s trajectories and points of impact at various distance
View Quote

Just ordered 460 rounds of SGD 64 gr. 10.99 ten boxes or more free shippin.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top