Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2017 6:54:22 PM EDT
Anybody shoot this stuff? Seems like a good price but found some FM reviews of other ammo that wasn't great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No. just no.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The factory new ammo in my experience is just as good as any other brand.

Its the reloads that I and many others have had issues with.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I've heard the reloads are the issue not the new product.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anybody shoot this stuff? Seems like a good price but found some FM reviews of other ammo that wasn't great.
View Quote

Not sure if the 77gr is part of their "Pro Match" line but I know their 69gr is.   I've had good results with that load accuracy wise, as seen in a few accuracy tests on my channel.  

FWIW--- "MRGUNSNGEAR" will give you 5% off all orders
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Why shoot anything they sell?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I a had a really bad experience with their ammo and subsequently an equally bad experience with their customer service. As have many others. Just do a google search. For me it's worth a little more to order from SGAmmo or PSA.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Search function and google for FM kabooms. GEEBUS.

Hell no I wont shoot this crap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not sure if the 77gr is part of their "Pro Match" line but I know their 69gr is.   I've had good results with that load accuracy wise, as seen in a few accuracy tests on my channel.  

FWIW--- "MRGUNSNGEAR" will give you 5% off all orders
View Quote

I like your posts and youtube stuff, but pimping FM only hurts your credibility. I wouldn't care how much they paid me, I would never shill for that crap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, thought this was another kaboom thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've heard the reloads are the issue not the new product.
View Quote

Nope, my buddy had a kaboom from NEW
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought two 500 round boxes of their reloaded 55gr back and a 50rd box of 69gr match in 2012. The first box ran fine, no issues. Then I finally shot the second box this past October and had 5 popped primers, one got stuck underneath my trigger guard. Good thing I brought my toolbag that day (I normally don't, the other ammo I run works 100%), had to remove the trigger assembly to get the primer out. After reassembly, a few rounds later, dead trigger again! Fucking primer got stuck below the trigger again so I had to take it out to get the primer out. I was pissed but I only had a few mags left of the Freedom junk so I shot off the rest of it without issue. While I was police calling the brass, I picked up 5 cases with blown primers. The recoil was harsher as well, these rounds were definitely higher pressure.

Last month I had a local gunsmith swap the BCM KMR from my secondary BCM mid length rifle for the Geissele MK8, and decided to go with 100 yd zero on both of my rifles so I went to the Clark County range. I still had the box of 69gr match, though it was a risk I just had the morbid curiosity to see how accurate it was, and it was only 50rds. Fortunately my rifles didn't blow up from it, but the ammo sucked anyway. It grouped about the same as the 55gr Aguila I was BZOing with (1 MOA)! Good thing I only bought one box of it lol!

Looking back I should have just stopped when I had the first popped primer. The only other ammo that I had a popped primer locking up my rifle hard was fucking Federal American Eagle XM193 back in 2010. My 2 primary rifles are still in one piece but I definitely won't buy Freedom garbage ever again!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top