Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/13/2017 1:16:20 PM EDT
Went out and chrono'd some IMI 77 grainers out of my 18" Ballostic Advantage Premium series SPR barrel and got an average of 2756 FPS with a standard dev of 33.5 and extreme spread of 86.  The temperature outside is at 32 degrees and I'm 200 ft above sea level.  I've also chrono'd a few other loads like ZQI M855 and Hornady Steel match 75gr this afternoon as well.  Hope you find the info useful!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is some hot stuff! Not always the best for accuracy but it does let you really reach out with only a 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
your right it is pretty hot! so far it shoots a hair over MOA out of my gun but its still being broken in so im hoping it'll improve slightly.  I was most surprised today with the Hornady steel match only going 2440 FPS.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny. IMI 77gr RC turned out to be the most accurate load I have tried in my 16" 1:7. PRVI 69gr OTM was the best in my 14.7" 1:9. Just goes to show you have to try out lots of ammo to know what's good for you.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top