Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2017 3:59:54 AM EDT
I know its expensive, but where do you guy get yours from in more than 20-50 at a time. I see one or two places online that offer them in bulk, but not as available as 5.56/223 obviously.

I don't do reman ammo, especially in rifles, but what about something like Nevada or Freedom NEW ammo? I have been recommended the Freedom new ammo from a local source, that uses a good bit of it to test builds. However, i'm still pretty skeptical because Freedom has a pretty shaky reputation from many accounts.

Also, only looking for range ammo in these quantities currently. I'm just finishing up a 300black upper and testing the waters before I fully commit to defense ammo or subs. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Ozark Ammunition
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Walmart typically has Remington in 300 blackout in super and subs. Typically $16 a box. I order my subs from Atlanta Arms or Ozark.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Our local Academy has the 160 round tubs of 120 gr OTFB for 99.99 a tub.  That's ~62¢ a round.  Before local tax.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsman Guide has magtech supers for about .56 a round.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I have a Wal Mart and Academy local so I'll check them out first. Will check out Ozark too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:08:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought some Ozark ordnance 147gr 300bo during the last sale they had. It took about three months to arrive due to everybody buying.

This was my second order from Ozark, the last one being about a year ago, for 500 rounds of 147gr 300bo which I shot up without any issue.

Took my 300BO pistol out to the range with ammo from the recent Ozark order, and it fired one round, and jammed. I wasn't sure what was in the chamber -- live or empty. When I say jammed... I could not retract the bolt. I then tried mortaring it to no avail (which was particularly fun with an AR pistol not knowing what's in the chamber). Finally I removed the upper and used the edge of a range table to bang up on the charging handle... multiple times... with force (good job on that charging handle, BCM!)

Finally the round came out. Turned out it was a live round so I'm glad I was able to clear it at the range.

After that I was a little hesitant to shoot the rest of the box, but I did... and the box after that. So far it looks like it was just that one round, which just happened to be the second round of the day. Figures.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
AmmoSeek.com - 300 blk

Most of the places this site scrapes will ship within a couple of days. Target sports and outdoor limited have good deals. Delivery in about a week.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top