Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2017 6:18:41 PM EDT
The only reason I didn't post this as an MOAAD entry is I forgot to take pictures of the rig and the range. Oh well, guess I have to shoot some more.

Rig:  Personally gathered and assembled:
Upper: R-Guns Heavy Profile Barrel 16.5" with Magpul MOE furniture and Vortex flash hider 1:8 twist.   ( oh noos, that suks)
Lower: ATI Poly lower with creepy, spongy Standard Mil-Spec single stage trigger (yucky).  Never measured pull lbs.  Moe stock and pistol grip.
Optics: Burris TAC-30 (cheap chinese pos)

100 yards, prone, bipod (Leapers UTG Rubber Armored Full Metal QD Bipod from Primary Arms), Midway rear bag, Midway shooting mat, green, dirty and worn.

The first group shot before these five was about a .8moa group, but they cleaned and posted a new target for me during the cease fire without asking so I didn't include it.

Here's the results for all 5 groups averaged together:

Max Spread: 1.264 MOA  Average To Center: 0.498 MOA  Group Width: 1.087 MOA  Group Height:  1.003 MOA

Edit: Chrono Data from 16.5" barrel @ Elev: 1144 ft temp 43 deg F:  Avg. 2796   ES: 36  SD: 16

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Good shooting. American Gunner and also the Training Ammo produce good accuracy for the price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's about as good as it gets for me and that rig so far.

Molon already evaluated this ammo, but I thought it might be interesting to see results with a more humble or typical rig.  I think his results with 3, 10 round groups through much more precision rifle/optic setup and patient shooting routine averaged about .9 moa.

I was not being sloppy, but I was loading 5 at a time in the magazine and sending every 3 or 4 breaths.  The trigger is as bad as I describe it but I've had a few 100 rounds with it so I know what to expect.

I want to do the same with the 75g steel match and the new 73g ELD-Match.  This American Gunner 55g hits steel (12" x "18 I think) consistently at 250 yds just fine but I have to pay close attention to hear the hit and see it move with a 4x scope.  The day I shot this there was a consistent tail wind making noise and drowning out the hits, plus it was busy with lots of other rifles making noise.  Maybe the heavier loads will hit a bit harder, louder, and move the steel more.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top