Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2016 6:00:26 PM EDT
Ok, talk to me about the cleanest burning ammo in 5.56 and 223 and the most accurate you have found
I know it is a general question, but lets hear your opinions.

Also, what is the deal with IMI only the best ammo in 5.56. My gun shop has some. I know Israeli ammo varies now
since IMI is now a private company instead of state owned. The old stuff was great. The military m193 and M855 was the best

The above are two separate questions.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm... Can't say I've really payed a lot of attention, but in general the higher the pressure, the more complete the gunpowder will burn - so I guess go with warmer ammo, if you want clean (maybe?).  

If I were looking for the cleanest burning .223 ammo I could get, I would look at Wolf Gold (NOT wolf Steel, which will be the dirtiest), Fed 5.56 (Lake City, not be to confused with Fed 223), or IMI M193.

Curious to see the other replys.

As to the deal with IMI being best - I think some of that had to do with the panache of being Israeli, but also (total conjecture), I got the impression IMI was a good quality state-run ammo plant, that sold full-spec ammo on the civilian market.  Their ammo was quite well made, and it was the real deal.  Whereas I suspect many others drop the powder charge a touch, before sale to the civilian market.  The civilian market - where customers who have their face blow up get whiney and can sue, unlike grunts in uniform, but also because that same civilian didn't have a state-run procurement and maintenance program specifying his rifle - so it could be a POS with a crappy bolt.  

Now that IMI is civilian, I don't know if they are or are not doing what everyone else does, and downloading.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I never really bothered to compare ammo  or look for so called "clean burning ammo". you got to clean your rifle anyway, unless your the type that  "rides it hard and puts it up wet",   it really doesn't matter in the long run
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If you use lube the gun will clean itself.   I've gone over 6K of PMC XTAC with no cleaning on generous amounts of Slip 2000 EWL.

IMI M193 and 855 is just like any other IMO.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
ive noticed ppu is clean in my guns
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top