Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 2:31:38 AM EDT
Hi so i read that some people have had issues with freedom muntions  .223  5.56 ammo.
i would like to hear first hand from those with issues on this. i just placed a bulk order of reman brass from freedom muntions  i have never used there .223 ammo before i have only shot there  9mm and .40 ammo and i have used there 9mm ammo for a long time never had one issues with over 4000 rounds bought from them int he past few years.

I am gong to be shooting there   .223   5.56 remmans from a  .223 wylde chambered  AR-15
thank you
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You gonna get loved tenderly.  Why the hell would you risk using known crap ammo?  It's not even a good price to take the risk.  They are fairly local to me and I still refuse to use their stuff.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#2]
In my experience with Freedom Munitions, the savings for reman is not worth the effort to inspect and cull the occasional visual flaw. Also, lately, the price for their new 223 is not good enough for the risk compared to new ammo from a big manufacture (Federal, IMI, etc.). That said, I have an incoming order from them with 45acp because their loaded new ammo was not much more than new brass, and over the years, I have lost some and need to refill the brass bucket.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It's .30cpr.

There is no way in hell I'd pay that for reman.

There's tons of kb threads on it. My personal experience Ive shot around half a case of the .223 and it worked just fine, though.

I think people who don't reload don't understand the inherent risks associated with shoddy reloading and think it's no big deal when in fact it can be a very big deal. Just because it looks nice doesn't mean it was loaded properly.

Also they get their brass from military ranges IIRC which mix M4 and SAW brass. SAW chambers can jack up the brass leading to premature case head separation. No thanks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
thank you guys. how come you wouldn't have you actualy had bad experines with there remans ?
or are you just saying because others have complained about it ?

Where else can i get Bras  .30cents a round or less ? i havn't found it all i see is this steel russie tulla and wolf and other brand for .30 cents a round i do see sme i think for .27 cents round but after paying shipping those places have it worke dout so that your relaly paying .33 cents a round or even more
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
My Walmart has Federal for .32c, many have Perfecta for that price too.

Wolf Gold is .32c too

http://gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

There's nothing wrong with Wolf for range ammo, btw.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't mean to sound like a jerk i wanted to let you guys know i did take what you had to say into account and think hard about it. i ended up looking at several reviews of there ammo and i just called and canlced my orders.

yes walmart may have .32 cents ar ound but then after taxes that goes up to likke .35 cents around i think
for me .anything over  30 cents a round is a waste of money to shoot at papper.

I will end up just order the wolf classic cheap stuff from targer sports usa for .25 cents a round. i just wanted to try and avoid having to clean every 100 rounds from the reveiws i was reading it is saying that people need to clean there guns after every 100 rounds or it goes to shit with wolf and tulla steel rounds.
and i do clean my guns after every use but i plan on shoointg atleast 200 rounds eveyr time i go to the range for osme fun.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Freedom Munitions is crap. Pure unadulterated crap.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
At least 20-30 posts of exploded uppers this year on this site alone. Common denominator is freedom munitions. No way I'd risk it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't mean to sound like a jerk i wanted to let you guys know i did take what you had to say into account and think hard about it. i ended up looking at several reviews of there ammo and i just called and canlced my orders.

yes walmart may have .32 cents ar ound but then after taxes that goes up to likke .35 cents around i think
for me .anything over  30 cents a round is a waste of money to shoot at papper.

I will end up just order the wolf classic cheap stuff from targer sports usa for .25 cents a round. i just wanted to try and avoid having to clean every 100 rounds from the reveiws i was reading it is saying that people need to clean there guns after every 100 rounds or it goes to shit with wolf and tulla steel rounds.
and i do clean my guns after every use but i plan on shoointg atleast 200 rounds eveyr time i go to the range for osme fun.
View Quote

If you want to drop me a PM I can explain how to set your gun up to reliably run steel. You most certainly don't have to clean your gun every 100. I've shot 5x that of steel in a sitting in one rifle.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Wolf gold @SG Ammo.....1K with shipping cost me 0.32/rd.
Safe and RELIABLE. Like $326 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Check out this thread in TM munitions reman, OP.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_66/705935_Kaboom__.html
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#12]
This is a tech forum. Save the no-content smilie posts for GD - Eric802
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

?
?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]
thank you guys for the info i have taken a second look at it and i cnacled my order of the remans
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Apparently the concept of "this is a tech forum" is a little difficult for some.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top