Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 8:03:25 PM EDT
I have used Tulammo in my AK's and AR's from time to time and have had decent accuracy. Nothing to write home about, but usually decent for what it is. My AK's get about 4" groups at 100 and my AR's get anywhere from 2.5" to 3".

I decided to pick up some Tulammo in .308. I have never used it, but thought I'd try it in my LR-308. I'd been trying out some loads that I had worked up, so my barrel was pretty warm. I loaded up a mag of Tulammo 150gr FMJ and believe it or not, pulled several 1.5" groups (each group had at flier). 1.5" with steel case out of a $750 .308? I'll take that all day long. Not sure if anyone else has had that kind of accuracy out of Tulammo.

In case anyone cares. I was getting 2525fps out of the 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
that's pretty good from Tula, very surprising to be honest   I'd buy more of that lot if I were you:)
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope not me. My aero 308 shot tul closer to 4"+ groups. Also had a new non sited in scope.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's pretty good from Tula, very surprising to be honest   I'd buy more of that lot if I were you:)
View Quote

I am planning on buying some wolf steel case and a some more tulammo just to see if it was a fluke. But like I said, each group had some oddball fliers that didn't make sense (well actually they did), but what shocked me were the other ones.

One thing I haven't considered, it might be the one pulling the trigger!  hahaha, but probably not
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had the same experience, I have found the Tula .308 to be much more accurate than their 55gr. .223 load.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had the same experience, I have found the Tula .308 to be much more accurate than their 55gr. .223 load.
View Quote

Oh really? Like I said, this is the first time I tried it. Good to know that it's not unprecedented. Although, I am looking at upgrading my barrel to an 18" to try to pick up a little velocity. My current 16" barrel seems to like it, the new barrel might hate it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top