Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Gunslinger,

I have shot the yellow/white box WCC732 ammo at 100 degrees, leaving box of ammo in direct sunlight on shooting bench without unusual velocity or apparent pressure signs.  Dont know about new green box.  

Are you seeing a difference in length of case after forming?
View Quote

Didn't really notice lengths because after sizing they went straight to the WFT for trimming.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Today I went and shot 30 more rounds of the same suspect lot.

Of the 30, 17 had more pronounced ejector swipes. All the cases had cratered primers, most had dented case mouths from what I assume increased ejection speed and hitting the case deflector harder. They also have a ring around the base.

Forgive the bad pics, using my phone.

Of the 30 rounds, I grabbed 5 cases at random and measured.

Then I sized them, or tried too. I got 3 done before the 4th got stuck in my die. I think I used too much lube as I lubed them individually

After sizing I measured.

Those are in the same order BTW.

I emailed Arms Unlimited asking if anyone has had any pressure signs as well but they had not and instead referred me to the manufacturer for any further inquiries.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top