Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 1:07:01 PM EDT
I built my twin sons AK74's when I worked TGI some years ago.  One of the sons now lives and works in Columbus, Oh. The indoor range he frequents does not allow metal cased/steel cored rounds.

I bought both the boys quite a few cases of 7n6 to go with the rifles. But the son can't use it at the indoor range him and his girlfriend go to every now and again. He has no problem at the outdoor range he uses.
He just go there as much as he would like.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
That has the steel case. Thats the first thing i suggested to him. Not allowed at the indoor range the son uses. Seems odd, but their range, their rules.

Looking for brass cased. Don't think is any such animal. Google search turned up zip.

Supposedly PPU was coming out with a brass cases 5.45x39 loading.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
My bad; didn't know the steel case was a no-go...which makes no sense.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I built my twin sons AK74's when I worked TGI some years ago.  One of the sons now lives and works in Columbus, Oh. The indoor range he frequents does not allow metal cased/steel cored rounds.

I bought both the boys quite a few cases of 7n6 to go with the rifles. But the son can't use it at the indoor range him and his girlfriend go to every now and again. He has no problem at the outdoor range he uses.

He just go there as much as he would like.

Thanks
View Quote

What do you mean by "metal cased"?  Except for some uncommon polymer cartridge case rounds, rifle and pistol ammunition has metal 'cases' (brass or mild steel).

If a range bans "metal cases" they are banning all fixed rifle and pistol ammunition.

Full metal jacked projectiles?  Are you looking for 5.45x39mm that isn't FMJ / isn't bimetal jacketed (like Wolf that is lead core is) / isn't steel core (like 7N6 is)?  Lead projectiles?

Bimetal jacketed, lead core, steel cartridge case 5.45x39mm is unacceptable to this range?  I think they sell the brass for scrap and don't like steel cartridge cases mixed in because that's no really different than FMJ 5.56mm (except in the material of the cartridge case).
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking for brass cased, copper jacked projectiles.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Everything I've ever seen for 5.45 is steel cased.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah. Saw brass cased on the Prvi site. But not for sale yet.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Range by me has the same rules.  They say it's too smoky, not safe, etc.  Just a prejudice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Must be a range, that if it hits the ground they own the brass....

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top