Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2016 8:10:44 PM EDT
So I'm not really up on what the "good" Subsonic ammo is for 300BLK.  I just use the regular old Remington 220's or Gemtech 187's to plink around.

I'm looking to buy some home defense Subsonic 300BLK and I don't know if such a beast exists.  

I have heard and my local shop did carry some Leigh Subsonic Maximum Expansion 194gr.  It was pretty pricey, but from what I've read, looks pretty awesome.

I know subs aren't really ideal and supers really kick ass, but I'd like to stick to subs.  Any suggestions out there?

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
From my research, the 194gr Lehigh is the best subsonic load out there right now. I haven't sprung for any to test yet @ $2.50 a trigger pull though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The Lehigh 194 ME is as good as you are going to get.  They reliably expand and hit as well as the best modern expanding handgun rounds, with the advantage of doing so at much greater ranges than 9mm or .45.  That benefit won't matter in home defense.  

There are a few other subsonics that expand that you can buy and load yourself, such as Outlaw State, and they may be good, but they aren't going to be better than the Lehigh.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top