Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2016 12:00:49 PM EDT
I apologize if this has already been discussed. I tried a forum search to no avail.

A local store has a good deal on PNW 147g .300 ammo this weekend. Has anyone tried it? I saw a few older reviews on midway that were hit or miss but nothing from recent.

I want to use it along with a few boxes of known quality ammo to break in and function check my new .300 build before switching to a steady diet of subsonic handloads. Is the PNW brass suitable to reload?

Cheers

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
How much is it ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The "local store" is PSA, and it's $10 a box.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have shot ZERO super rounds, almost at 3k subsonic.

PNW is my favorite for two reasons. Its the quietest, its the most accurate.

Remington is as quiet, much larger group.

Gemtech is louder, nice group.
8.5" & 10.5" Ar15 & Model 7 bolt guns, 762SDN-6
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Their 125gr Match is supposedly some of the most accurate factory stuff available. I bought quite a bit of it and should have my rifle finished next week. Hopefully I'll have a range report soon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for being late getting back to this discussion. Yes, $10 / 20rnds at PSA. I did not realize it was an online only deal subject to their horrendous ground shipping.  I am still considering pulling the trigger on this or possibly some freedom munitions. Thanks for the input!

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for being late getting back to this discussion. Yes, $10 / 20rnds at PSA. I did not realize it was an online only deal subject to their horrendous ground shipping.  I am still considering pulling the trigger on this or possibly some freedom munitions. Thanks for the input!

View Quote

IIRC you can do store pickup and they will refund your shipping cost.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Also noticed that their every day price for the subsonics is 12.99. After hearing the positive reviews here,  I know what will be used to break in my new Rugged Surge.

Any thoughts on reloading PNW brass?

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top