Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:17:44 PM EDT
I found a good deal on some Federal Fusion 62gr, but I have only ever used the MSR version, and this is the standard fusion.  Will it work fine in my 10.3" SBR and all my other AR's, or do I need to stick with the MSR version?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
A member did a test on this site between the two and they're with 45-50 fps of each other I believe. The casings are different colors though.

Eta: Using 14.5 Noveske Barrel
Standard: 2610 fps
MSR: 2681 fps
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:10:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly my biggest concern is the softer primer in the standard version vs. the MSR version.  Is this something I should worry about on an AR?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly my biggest concern is the softer primer in the standard version vs. the MSR version.  Is this something I should worry about on an AR?
View Quote

I have never seen it be an issue.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I know you're asking about the 556 stuff, I chrono'd the 308 stuff and there was a definite difference in a 20" barrel. Fusion runs pretty hot as it is, even the standard stuff. The standard 308 was about 2790 and the MSR was about 2910. I suppose about a 5% difference. You can certainly feel the difference when firing it.

For comparison American Whitetail was about 2724.

Regarding primers, I've shot a lot of FF standard through both 308 and 708 ARs and never had an issue. I suppose there's a first time for everything...

-Stooxie

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
i only wish it was more accurate for me.of all the specialty ammo i've shot,  its the least accurate.

those rounds being, 55gr GMX, Mk318,  speer 62gr gold dot, TAP T2, TAP FDP, IMI razor, M193, IMI M193, wolf gold
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top