Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:08:03 PM EDT
Most places that had it seem to be out of stock. Anyone know if it's one of those gone-for-mostly-good military contract overrun things, or will Federal continue to sell it on the civilian market?

I know that Mk 318 is entering a new iteration with the nickel plating ("mod 1"). What's going on with Mk 319?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Most places that had it seem to be out of stock. Anyone know if it's one of those gone-for-mostly-good military contract overrun things, or will Federal continue to sell it on the civilian market?

I know that Mk 318 is entering a new iteration with the nickel plating ("mod 1"). What's going on with Mk 319?
View Quote

People realized Mk262 is a much much better round. It has since fallen out of favor
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
He's asking about the 308 sost.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, the 7.62mm stuff. And while the Mk 262 is definitely better than M855 or M193, the Mk 318 has some definite advantages over it in critical areas.

Seriously, though, it feels as if the dumping of excess Mk319 was a one-off deal... and deal it was, for $11.99 a box...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad I got what I did,
but I have not seen it in a while.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Midway had the bullets for sale as components. Perhaps Federal is no longer making it, so they make a run to produce the rest of the ammo that it was able to, and sold the last of the bullets when no more of the specific powder was available.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top