Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:56:45 PM EDT
Anyone know how these two bullets stack up out of an SBR?  I know that the Barnes is considered to be the best out of 7.5 or 10 inch barrels.  But the bullet itself is very expensive.  The Lehigh looks good and costs a little over half as much.  Would this be a good bullet to work up a load for out of short barrels?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Barnes is proven technology
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like this is a question better asked in the Reloading Forum, which is over here.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Question seems to be about the bullet's performance, so it's ok here. As long as we're not discussing load data.

The gel tests of the Lehigh bullet were (to me) surprisingly good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like this is a question better asked in the Reloading Forum, which is over here.

Question seems to be about the bullet's performance, so it's ok here. As long as we're not discussing load data.

The gel tests of the Lehigh bullet were (to me) surprisingly good.

OK, I just thought he might get more responses over there from people that have loaded it for short barrels.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
How long is the 45gr projectile?  I'm looking for a solid performer for my 1:14 twist barrel.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
All I have seen are the 10 inch SBR tests, which seemed promising.  Wondering if anyone has more information, or a direct comparison.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How long is the 45gr projectile?  I'm looking for a solid performer for my 1:14 twist barrel.
View Quote

not going to happen in a 1/14 twist.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone know how these two bullets stack up out of an SBR?  I know that the Barnes is considered to be the best out of 7.5 or 10 inch barrels.  But the bullet itself is very expensive.  The Lehigh looks good and costs a little over half as much.  Would this be a good bullet to work up a load for out of short barrels?
View Quote

Please realize the 50gr TSX bullet that is so praised isn't available as a reloading component.   It is made only for Black Hills.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with the regular TSX bullets; in fact, the regular ones are better for shorter barrels. The special Black Hills version requires higher velocity to expand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please realize the 50gr TSX bullet that is so praised isn't available as a reloading component.   It is made only for Black Hills.

Nothing wrong with the regular TSX bullets; in fact, the regular ones are better for shorter barrels. The special Black Hills version requires higher velocity to expand.

True, but Jeff said 8" bbl will take you to 75 yards.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If your barrel is 1/7 I'd think the more fragile 75 grain TSX round would be better. It fragments at lower velocities, and is great for longer range shots from a rifle or carbines when the velocity at 400 meters is about what a 10 inch is at 50 meters.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top