Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 6:36:22 PM EDT
It seems as if there are more than a few companies that make the M-855 in 1000 case lots. But which company to go with? Or to say best bang for the buck?

Thank You.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
LC, Privi, PMC, IMI, ZQI (if you can find it). any of them are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered a case of the Prvi Partizan from SG Ammo. They had one of the best prices I could find last night. Good stuff I've shot it before and it's commonly considered a good brand.
They also have some IMI M855  for a bit more but also very good ammo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I like IMI and that stuff from Denmark.  But I only buy M193 or MK262....
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It seems as if there are more than a few companies that make the M-855 in 1000 case lots. But which company to go with? Or to say best bang for the buck?

Thank You.
View Quote

IMI, although I would get m193 over 855
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly....you should buy some every brand you can find... test for accuracy... then decide.

You will probably be surprised from the accuracy differences.... not to mention the different points of impact.

You might find a few dollars more equals a dramatic improvement in accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
For m855, I am partial to PMC XTAC 62 grain green tips. Decent accuracy for me; 100yds, 4X TA31, front sandbag, 14.5 inch CFF barrel. Slightly under 2MOA:

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
If your looking for accuracy from bulk ammunition I think the 50gr Federal polymer tip is one of the better options.  The following targets were fired at 117 yards with a 1:6 and a 1:5 twist barrel.  The 50gr Fed was better than the M855 in both barrels.

Each square is .333 inches.  From 1:6

From 1:5

ETA: I've been getting the Fed 50gr for $5.99/box at Palmetto State Armory.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I am heavily leaning towards the IMI 1200 round case - 5.56mm 62 Grain Green Tip FMJ M855?

I plan to use them in a LOTHAR WALTHER 16" LW-50 Stainless Steel barrel in a 1-8 twist Polygonal Rifling?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered a case of the Prvi Partizan from SG Ammo. They had one of the best prices I could find last night. Good stuff I've shot it before and it's commonly considered a good brand.
View Quote

Is SG Ammo a good company to deal with?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#10]
yes. Sgammo is gtg.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 for IMI 855, it's very accurate from my 14.5" CHF FN
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am heavily leaning towards the IMI 1200 round case - 5.56mm 62 Grain Green Tip FMJ M855?

I plan to use them in a LOTHAR WALTHER 16" LW-50 Stainless Steel barrel in a 1-8 twist Polygonal Rifling?
View Quote

Should work fine. IMI is great ammo I still have some of the IMI M193 I bought from Wideners a few years ago. You'll never really know how accurate any given ammo is until you try it in your rifle, that said I've never gotten particularly good groups out of m855 (acceptable, just not great).

I only bought it because I'm flush on xm193 and have no m855 and would like some rounds with a bit more weight just for good measure. Actually if you want the best of both worlds and are not averse to the price, SG has the IMI 77grain Razorcore. That's some really nice ammo, just to much for my budget.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:00:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never had a problem with them, I ordered last night and they shipped this morning! I did see the notice they will have a slight delay in shipping due to the high volume of orders but I would definitely recommend them. I think a lot of places are going to be seeing a high volume of orders in the near future.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 4:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are great to deal with. Prob best out there
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sam is probably the most transparent owner in my experience.  Check out the SGAmmo thread in the Industry forum.  Basically, he does exactly as he says.  Never had any issues with SGAmmo, and I believe they are straight up good people.   I buy from SGAmmo even in the occasional cases where the ammo is maybe a little more expensive than some other company
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sam is probably the most transparent owner in my experience.  Check out the SGAmmo thread in the Industry forum.  Basically, he does exactly as he says.  Never had any issues with SGAmmo, and I believe they are straight up good people.   I buy from SGAmmo even in the occasional cases where the ammo is maybe a little more expensive than some other company
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 SGammo gets my money all the time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#17]
You can't go wrong with any of these;    IMI, Prvi Partizan (white box PPU) or PMC X-TAC. Any of these three companies have provided consistently good shooting ammo time and time again, without fail.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Another +1 for sgammo.com

Great people to do business with.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:09:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Another +1 for sgammo.com

Great people to do business with.
View Quote

Agree with the last two posts.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I like to buy American when it's an option, so I'd buy Federal.  Plus it comes in Lake City brass, bonus for the reloading brass stash.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Should work fine. IMI is great ammo I still have some of the IMI M193 I bought from Wideners a few years ago. You'll never really know how accurate any given ammo is until you try it in your rifle, that said I've never gotten particularly good groups out of m855 (acceptable, just not great).

I only bought it because I'm flush on xm193 and have no m855 and would like some rounds with a bit more weight just for good measure. Actually if you want the best of both worlds and are not averse to the price, SG has the IMI 77grain Razorcore. That's some really nice ammo, just to much for my budget.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wideners has the Razorcore on sale for $329/500. LINK
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Why is the PPU 855 ammo cheaper than IMI 855 ammo? is IMI ammo that much better?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I wished to thank everyone as I purchased some Prvi Partizan PPU-M-855 ammo from SGAmmo. I hope it goes straight. :)
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I did a comparison of some different SS109 loads here... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/679478_Foreign_SS109_Variants_Test.html
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I like Winchester stuff. Head stamp WCC. Overall quality seems a bit better.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I did a comparison of some different SS109 loads here... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/679478_Foreign_SS109_Variants_Test.html
View Quote
You could have been a little more thorough

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top