Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 7:33:23 PM EDT
I use ppu brass cases for reloading in my different foriegn military rifles and Im happy with the product.

Im looking at the ppu m855 ammo and would like to know anything about this ammo before I'ld buy it.

Thanks,

ptf18
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
In context to the actual ammo itself.... It is GTG....I would rate it as up in the upper part of the list as far as "M855" goes.

Reloading the spent cases....I have read  ( every once in a while ) that sometimes the 5.56 primers can be a PITA to remove... because of the sealant ?! .  I don't own any PPU worth mentioning... so I can not attest to the accuracy of those reports.

Other wise... check Google, most reports were positive.

.. I would suggest you double check the internal capacity prior to going to hog wild.

https://www.google.com/search?q=reloading+PPU+5.56+cases+problems&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=ssl
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't tried Prvi's 855 but I love their 193. Love it. My rifles love it. I have laid in a good supply.

I see that SGAmmo has a very good price on PPU 855. Might have to get a case.

And yes, the red primer sealant they use is.. liberally applied. After a couple of hundred rounds of their 193 my bolt face has a lipstick looking ring around the firing pin. Comes right off with Hoppes or CLP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My experience with depriming PPU cases is that sometimes the cup deforms before it moves, requiring extra effort to get the primer out of the case.  Not "hard" effort, really, but I need the depriming pin to go a little farther through pocket to get the primers out.  I think it's related to the shape and hardness of their anvils, but that's just conjecture.  The brass itself seems to be good stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top