Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/21/2015 10:09:00 AM EDT
Hello. I made a post about this earlier that was locked because of some vague reason about not looking around enough. I was redirected to another thread which I had already read and it did not have the information I needed. So I will try to be more specific. Nobody has ever asked for this information I promise.

I'm asking about the velocity of Freedom Munition's .223 55gn bullet. They advertise a velocity of 3250 fps. It would seem to me that is a high pressure load for a .223 and I am wondering if anyone has done chronograph testing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That might be a typo, I'd call freedom and ask them directly???

Don't sweat the "Dupe Nazis". Lol
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]
About standard for 55gr out of a 20" barrel
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

About standard for 55gr out of a 20" barrel
View Quote

That's what I was thinking.  3400 FPS and I would think it was overpressure or a typo.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, that'd be me.

The concept of using the existing thread to ask questions about the ammo is apparently a mysterious thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't sweat the "Dupe Nazis". Lol

Yeah, that'd be me.

The concept of using the existing thread to ask questions about the ammo is apparently a mysterious thing.
You do realize using any search functions as a non-members are virtually impossible right?  Probably not?

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
as fast as your gun can blow up. jk

No freedom munitions for me. I like my guns.

Edit: Found this: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_382/268623_Why_I_Buy_Daniel_Defense____A_MK18_Story.html
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Why do you say that ?
Freedom munitions ammo have blown guns up ?

I bought alot of their reman 55gr ammo last week, and I searched the Web prior to, and didn't find anything about their ammo causing kabooms.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why do you say that ?
Freedom munitions ammo have blown guns up ?

I bought alot of their reman 55gr ammo last week, and I searched the Web prior to, and didn't find anything about their ammo causing kabooms.
View Quote

I can't speak for their 223 stuff, but I've shot a LOT of their 45s - both new and remans, and they are both very consistent.  I've yet to have a problem of any kind, nor any obvious signs of the odd under- or over-pressure round.  I also have a half-case of 308 match remans that I'm waiting to test.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]
There's nothing wrong with Freedom Ammo.  I've been shooting it -- and shooting a lot of it in .45, 9mm, and .223.  Like any other ammo, there are the occasional issues.  Most recently I had a batch of 9mm RN 115gr new ammo that had about 10 out of 1000 rounds that were 'short rounds' (projectile compressed in the casing).  I called Freedom to let them know and without saying a word, they shipped me 100 rounds for free.  I have no idea about the experience the guy on this thread had.  In general, I find that many of the people who knock Freedom have never shot it...
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Their prices are very good. But the only re-man ammo I trust is Black Hills.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:40:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Why ?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#13]
My above comment might have been a bad lot, because i have not hear of any issues since. Everyone i know that was using it, has moved to another manufacturer.

The reason it is not on google, is because they quickly contacted the people and had them sign non-disclosures. I don't want to get them in hot water. I've already said too much.

Sorry for being vague. I will not shoot it.

Edit: Found this: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_382/268623_Why_I_Buy_Daniel_Defense____A_MK18_Story.html
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top