BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2015 12:34:36 PM EDT
Hi
Bought 20+ boxes of this stuff from a old gent cleaning out his stash
Yellow 20 rd box with Styrofoam insert
Brown coated steel case red sealer on primer .
headstamp is "19" on one side and "71 on opposite (assume that means 1971)
Case and fmj bullet are both magnetic
Printed on box in black letters "CHINA NORTH INDUSTRIES CORPORATION , 7.62x39 mm , NON CORROSIVE STEEL CASE , 20 CARTRIDGES.
Both end flaps " MADE IN P.R. CHINA BY NORINCO 7.62X39mm

"NORINCO" is printed in red

Back of box has safety warnings -barrel obstructions , hang fires , hearing and so forth .

I seem to remember Norinco is regarded as ok stuff but I wonder if it is really non corrosive ? (I don't really trust China)

I am going to run this in my Yugo sks
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi
Bought 20+ boxes of this stuff from a old gent cleaning out his stash
Yellow 20 rd box with Styrofoam insert
Brown coated steel case red sealer on primer .
headstamp is "19" on one side and "71 on opposite (assume that means 1971)
Case and fmj bullet are both magnetic
Printed on box in black letters "CHINA NORTH INDUSTRIES CORPORATION , 7.62x39 mm , NON CORROSIVE STEEL CASE , 20 CARTRIDGES.
Both end flaps " MADE IN P.R. CHINA BY NORINCO 7.62X39mm

"NORINCO" is printed in red

Back of box has safety warnings -barrel obstructions , hang fires , hearing and so forth .

I seem to remember Norinco is regarded as ok stuff but I wonder if it is really non corrosive ? (I don't really trust China)

I am going to run this in my Yugo sks
View Quote

It is definitely non-corrosive. However, I have been told not to use it in AR style platforms as the shells tends to expand and put unessessary strain on extractors.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, that brings back memories to the salad days of cheap ammo. iirc, I used to get it for $4 a box in the 90s
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
I stick with 5.56 in my ARs. this will go in my SKS

I paid $3.50 a box for this
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
that's the armor piercing cop killer ammo.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
After a decade of running various Chinese 7.62x39 ammo.... I learned Do Not Trust the "Non-Corrosive" part. I fired various "Non Corrosive" and low and behold... it was corrosive.

I Treat all Chinese 7.62x39 as corrosive.

Better safe then sorry... cleaning with water is really only a little extra step.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
steel core and I think mild corrosive but good ammo.  I will buy it from you since its most likely illegal for you to own...... really I will.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah, that brings back memories to the salad days of cheap ammo. iirc, I used to get it for $4 a box in the 90s
View Quote

I remember that stuff being eighty-some dollars plus shipping per 1200-rd case, around 1992 or so.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
sounds like steel core. I have some 71 over 87 and was told the red sealant indicates noncorrosive. I did wash the barrel and gas system off anyways after firing it. :D
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:15:26 AM EDT
[#9]
If it uses similar powder as the .223 stuff did, your nose will almost burn with the most funky, acrid odor! Also good for some great fireballs out the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Just from my experience and that was over twenty-years ago, I would treat that particular lot of Chi-Com M43 ammo as corrosive-primed and clean appropriately (with something water-based).   I doubt NON-corrosive primers were even a twinkle in Mao's eye back in 1970's.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#11]
That brings back memories!

Used to get it for under $3/box. Good ammo!

And as said above, just assume that it is corrosive. Not a big deal, just clean the rifle.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top