Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/21/2015 7:33:55 AM EDT
I get really good accuracy from this round, I have not seen it talked about very much on this forum. What kind of experience and accuracy has anyone else had if any? One of the things I like about it is even though it is cannelure they are still very accurate and the seating depth does not change after chambering. I am running them through a heavy barrel that is 16" with 1-9 twist and average 0.463" 5 shot groups at 100 yards, they are clean shooting and have a good B.C.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
deleted
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]

I fucking *love* ASYM ammo!  I was a serious Black Hills fan boy for many years, but ASYM is what is in my guns now.  

The Barnes bullet load is phenomenal.  1/2" MOA in damn near anything I feed it to that is of reasonable quality and terminal performance is....well, it's a Barnes bullet.  It kills shit dead and makes the caliber kill better than it should be able to from a mathematical perspective.  

I also carry the bonded Gold Dot 9mm load in my carry guns.  It's match grade defensive ammo.

I buy all of my ASYM ammo from Scottsdale Gun Club.  http://sgcusa.com/ammunition/5-56-223/asym-223-rem-77gr-otm.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Expensive ammo, but I guess it's cheaper than fgmm.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Txl
View Quote

Yeah...this ain't Bubba's Dirt Shooting Ammo, for sure.  

For my money, it is worth every penny given the reasons I buy the best there is in the first place.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not reload?

Tuned to each rifle, much better, or margins if it's great match ammo your buying.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Txl
View Quote

its in the same price range as Black Hills

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Its maybe a few bucks cheaper than black hills but I also found that it seems to be a bit better than black hills, when I test rounds for average accuracy I shoot 10 groups of 5 and then average them out and in my precision rigs asym keeps beating black hills, not by much but enough to choose it over black hills
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#8]
The same can be said for the converse....why reload when you can buy ASYM?  

Given the raw value of the components, the effort and knowledge that went into producing it, the value of my time, amortization of initial set up, and the final outcome...

In my experience it is more consistent and more accurate than Black Hills as well.  More importantly, it gets along with damn near everything I stuff it into precisely so I don't have to tune loads to individual guns.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#9]
double tap

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#10]
The BH blue box (reman.) 69gr SMK is sub MOA in a good number of my rifles. Go figure.

It has a definite edge over the red box new manufacture of the same round.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top