Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Razor Core is the IMI version of the Black Hills MK262 Mod 1.  Widener's sells it for $370/500, while Black Hills is $500/500.  Both are cartridges actually used by the Military.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Razorcore is just a heavy BTHP.  it's no different than 75 or 77gr Sierra, Hornady, or Prvi.

Razor Core is the IMI version of the Black Hills MK262 Mod 1.  Widener's sells it for $370/500, while Black Hills is $500/500.  Both are cartridges actually used by the Military.

My Mk12 Mod 0 clone can not tell them apart. Huge stack of the IMI stuff here.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
At real world budget And availability?

CBC 77gr OTM
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The real question is why do you need a single round for both? All you are going to is end up with something that's more expensive than practice ammo but mediocre at self defense.

The differences in zero are negligible at normal training distances and can be mitigated trying several different rounds to see which has the closest POI.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you were stockpiling 5.56 for everything from practicing to self defense, shtf etc. what one round would it be? xm193, m855 etc.

The real question is why do you need a single round for both? All you are going to is end up with something that's more expensive than practice ammo but mediocre at self defense.

The differences in zero are negligible at normal training distances and can be mitigated trying several different rounds to see which has the closest POI.

PPU 75 gr BTHP. More expensive than M193 but only by a small margin and it's much more accurate and terminally effective than M193.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At real world budget And availability?

CBC 77gr OTM
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

^this, if I'm paying.

Federal Fusion if it's on someone else's tab.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
M193

^this, if I'm paying.

Federal Fusion if it's on someone else's tab.

<Really hard to argue with this.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]
M193 but my rifles not got a stub for a barrel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
if money were no object, Mk318 for me
View Quote

Or TSX, only 2 I would consider.  One of my AR's is a 1/9, so no super-heavy stuff for me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top