Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:52:37 PM EDT

Looks to me like

CART. 7.62X51MM
BALA/NORMAL
NATO cross
FNM 78-14

Obviously I know it's a battle pack of .308, but past that, wondering year of manufacture, where it's from, and approximate value.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it is Portuguese, made in 1978.

As for value, <shrug>

considering I can buy new manufacture for .50 cpr+
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I see. From what I've seen, the Portuguese battle packs run about $100.00, but I don't know if that would apply based on the age.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see. From what I've seen, the Portuguese battle packs run about $100.00, but I don't know if that would apply based on the age.
View Quote

Somebody might pay that, - some people like battlepacks.
but for .50/rnd I would rather buy ZQI. (YMMV)

I think that ammo is also berdan primed which makes it difficult to reload.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
That's what I was thinking. I don't really see the allure of having it sealed in plastic, but I saw some links for it at $139 for a battle pack too.

Either way, I got it off of a buddy who was moving to NY state for work... serves me no use as the only 308 rifle I have is a precision bolt action that I'm not shooting milsurp through.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW... the Port. .308 surplus is quite accurate.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top