User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the most cost-effective SHTF ammo?

What is the best performing SHTF ammo?

Both questions have the same answer:

Whatever ammo you have loaded and ready to go WHEN the SHTF...!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't let the ammo-whores get to you  Buy what you can, rule of thumb has always been 1000 rounds for each gun you have.  This amount is at first a goal to achieve, then it becomes your low level limit.  Build up a little surplus so you can go shoot when the opportunity presents itself.  

My philosophy has always been to buy a little every payday ....  25K of 5.56, 308, 9mm, and 45acp.  since mid-2006 ... I usually look for American Eagle/Federal, Wolf Gold, WWB, XTAC, PPU, PMC Bronze in  55 or 62grn... (I used to shoot a lot of Wolf Poly and the stuff in the tan boxes but I am about out of it).  Lots of others available, these just seem to be what is in my area.  I also have some cans full of green tip...  So basically my stash is a large hodge podge of whatever was most cost effective when I bought it.  Nice to be able to just grab a can of ammunition and head to the range regardless of what the market is doing. I probably shoot 25% of what I buy/bought and store the rest.
I do have a couple of grab and go cans and for HD I have a couple hundred rounds of  62grn Fusion.

I work on a Naval base so if the SHTF during working hours, I probably wont even make it home...

Stock up, you can always take it to Barter Town...
Sorry to ramble.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top