Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 8:35:12 PM EDT
Is this good ammo? is it dirty? Or any other thing you can tell me about this ammo would be appreciated. thanks to all that help.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I find it to be great ammo, very accurate and as far as I can tell all ammo is dirty.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
PMC Bronze or PMC X-tac?

I find that the PMC Bronze is loaded a little weak but it works fine for me. Accuracy is in the same ballpark as other inexpensive bulk ammo (~3 MOA).

X-tac is about the same accuracy wise but it is loaded hotter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
PMC Bronze is slightly weaker but I've never had any problems with it in my rifles.  I shoot it all the time.  Clean and accurate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody know if PMC Bronze fragments?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
While it shoots clean and the brass is GTG, the PMC Bronze that I got was dramatically slower then the XTAC version.

I also got pretty bad accuracy from my rifles, ( YMMV ) I would certainly try some before buying a case.... and frankly I will only buy the XTAC from now on.

As for fragmentation... well the low velocity of the bronze ( my lot at least ) is not gonna help anything.

My velocity, from my rifles... YMMV................................16" Barrel..........................20" barrel............................

PMC 55gr Bronze....................PMC 223 REM............Av. 2626 , ES 82...............Av. 2754 , ES 97........................ Just awful accuracy

PMC XTAC 55gr......................PSD 14........................Av. 2994, ES 33................Av. 3180, ES 72..........................Clearly crimped and sealed. Outstanding accuracy
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The PMC bronze has been my go to plinking round over the last few years.  Has been more accurate than Fed XM193 and all M855 I have used.  Not as hot as the Fed stuff but never a failure.  Great practice ammo and very clean.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been happy with the bronze PMC
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Love PMC bronze. Thousands of rounds and no issues at all.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I've run about 400 rounds of it through my 14.5 middy.  No issues.

To echo some other folks...Good plinking ammo.  Really like their XTAC 62gr as well.

PMC seems to have solid manufacturing/QC.  All of their rounds I've shot have been nice and uniform.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this good ammo? is it dirty? Or any other thing you can tell me about this ammo would be appreciated. thanks to all that help.
View Quote

badhand,

I use this ammo all the time and have never had any issues with it at all! I admit it's currently cheaper compared to Federal which has been more available lately compared to PMC.

In my book....as long as it's non-corrosive I have no issues other than the price to get it.

Impala
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top