Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Selective policy by different stores.  Dropped into a store on the other side of town yesterday and found 8 boxes of ZQI 5.56 w/ no limit.  Bought 'em.  My closest store with the best supply?  3-box limit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are anyone else's local stores enforcing a 3 box limit for all ammo? Supposedly the corporate policy changed to only enforce this with .22 ammo but nearly every wally world around me has signs limiting all ammo to 3 boxes and .22 to 1 box.

Selective policy by different stores.  Dropped into a store on the other side of town yesterday and found 8 boxes of ZQI 5.56 w/ no limit.  Bought 'em.  My closest store with the best supply?  3-box limit.

Could be the 3-box limit is why they have the best supply?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are anyone else's local stores enforcing a 3 box limit for all ammo? Supposedly the corporate policy changed to only enforce this with .22 ammo but nearly every wally world around me has signs limiting all ammo to 3 boxes and .22 to 1 box.

Double your chances. Keep a hat, sunglasses, and a hoodie or jacket in the car with you. Walk in once, not wearing said items and buy 3 boxes. Walk out, put on hat, glasses, and jacket and walk back in and buy 3 more boxes. I've done it many times and it always works.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Double your chances. Keep a hat, sunglasses, and a hoodie or jacket in the car with you. Walk in once, not wearing said items and buy 3 boxes. Walk out, put on hat, glasses, and jacket and walk back in and buy 3 more boxes. I've done it many times and it always works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahaha, I had one store that had 8 boxes of the fed 150's. I had the Dicks coupon for 49.xx, guy rings them all up and said oh this coupon is only good for 2. I said huh that sux. He said I am pretty sure if you leave the store and come back that's ok. I wasn't arguing, 4 trips outside the store I left with all 8 boxes. Good thing I had multiple copies of the coupon.

ZQI seems to be the deal. Shoots well and is pretty dang cheap if you can find it. (Had to keep the thread on track)
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how that works.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

One I went to last week limited me to 3 boxes. Went back to the same store the next morning, different sales clerk let me buy 38 boxes, one transaction.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

One I went to last week limited me to 3 boxes. Went back to the same store the next morning, different sales clerk let me buy 38 boxes, one transaction.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's hit or miss

I had it happen to me before the proposed ban, girl would only sell me 3-boxes of anything.....
she said she did not work in sporting goods, and that was all she would do even though the posted sign clearly only said 3-box limit on .22LR.

tried to get a manager, but apparently everyone in the store was "at lunch"
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:16:28 AM EDT
[#7]
ZQI should have a M193 clone and 77gr BTHP here by the end of may.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:31:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where are you people pulling this info from? Has someone else called them?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Realized I was close to them so I've been BSing with them VIA email.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If their 77 BTHP is under $9 A box I'll buy scads.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Back to the ammo itself. Let's say no ban was suggested, at $.32 - $.36 (depending on tax) a round is ZQ a good buy?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Back to the ammo itself. Let's say no ban was suggested, at $.32 - $.36 (depending on tax) a round is ZQ a good buy?
View Quote

That's OK, but not earth-shattering.  WG was down to about 30cpr after shipping on the day before the BATF screwed us.  I grabbed a case of Armscor for 32cpr shipped a couple of days after, but that deal is gone.  Cheap 55gr and 62gr 223 is already hard to find.  I've noticed that 308 is getting scarce too - but higher weight bullet match ammo mostly, which is weird.  Ammo prices across the board have been climbing steadily since the BATFs announcement.  That being said, I did snag the last 3 boxes on the shelf of ZQI 7.62x51 for $10/box yesterday while buying light bulbs.

The good news is that this proposed ban ignited a firestorm through the conservative media (unlike the similarly bogus 5.45x39 ban last year) that rippled right up into Congress.  I think there is a chance that this could undermine their traitorous efforts, and we might even start seeing past bans unravel, such as the recent 5.45 ban and if were REALLY lucky, maybe even the Clinton era Chinese ammo ban.  That stuff is still plentiful and CHEAP in Canada.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

I considered it a decent price as it was regularly available and I could pick it up on my usual trips to walmart.  Better deals could be found online though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're looking for a M855/SS109 round, yeah, I think it's a good buy even if there was no ban.

Now of course if/when the ban hits it will have been an extremely good buy.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you're looking for a M855/SS109 round, yeah, I think it's a good buy even if there was no ban.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand corrected - forgot that the ZQI is M855ish.  The 62gr offerings were more expensive than the 55gr (where everybody is claiming M855 is cheap is beyond me) - most commercial M855 offerings were in the .38-.45 range and up, in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I stand corrected - forgot that the ZQI is M855ish.  The 62gr offerings were more expensive than the 55gr (where everybody is claiming M855 is cheap is beyond me) - most commercial M855 offerings were in the .38-.45 range and up, in my experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it would be a good price regardless of climate.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Went by my local walmart a hour ago, case was packed with ZQI, stayed right there until a employee walked by, told her I needed some ammo. Another dude came around the corner and spotted said ammo. He asked what I was getting, I replied all of the ZQI, you could see the damn it look in his eyes as he walked off

Made my day

57 boxes/35.9 a pop
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, normally I don't make such purchases with my wife along...but we happened to drop into a wallyworld last Friday that had just got a case in and there was half a case left....I just had to put up with her nasty, you are going to hell and not getting none tonite look for an hour or so...still got the ammo :)

Quoted:
Went by my local walmart a hour ago, case was packed with ZQI, stayed right there until a employee walked by, told her I needed some ammo. Another dude came around the corner and spotted said ammo. He asked what I was getting, I replied all of the ZQI, you could see the damn it look in his eyes as he walked off

Made my day

57 boxes/35.9 a pop
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, normally I don't make such purchases with my wife along...but we happened to drop into a wallyworld last Friday that had just got a case in and there was half a case left....I just had to put up with her nasty, you are going to hell and not getting none tonite look for an hour or so...still got the ammo :)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Made my day

57 boxes/35.9 a pop

You know the saying" it's easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission"
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#20]
At my local WalMart the ZQi is 33 cents per round.  If you choose to purchase their 720 round bulk can it is 63 cents a round.  When I questioned the clerk as to why buying in bulk is way more costly he said, "Well, 5.56 ammo is going up."
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

At my local WalMart the ZQi is 33 cents per round.  If you choose to purchase their 720 round bulk can it is 63 cents a round.  When I questioned the clerk as to why buying in bulk is way more costly he said, "Well, 5.56 ammo is going up."
View Quote
Ok, lets figure this out

720 rds x .33 =$237.60

457.00 - 237.60 = $219.40

Hey, the can is worth something
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Made my day

57 boxes/35.9 a pop
View Quote

That is a weeks pay on ammo. No way I would ever consider that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, it happened. Went to a walmart in the Cola area today, was waiting on them to get an expected shipment. One of the guys there I know real well told me that the ZQI they were supposed to get did not ship, and warehouse now shows 0. Whatever is out is, it seems, it. Can't wait for the 77gr ZQI!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Bought 10 boxes of the 7.62 x 51 ZQi yesterday for $9.97 each.
This stuff hs shot great for me out of my PSA AR10...could not pass up getting another 200rds.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Made my day

57 boxes/35.9 a pop

Well, I thought, run with the big dogs, or stay home and sit on the porch

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should or WILL ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Should or WILL ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should or WILL ?
Any time your dealing with imports it's always a should and not a WILL.

I find that surprisingly fast to re-tool machinery to other grains, find an acceptable load and test it for reliability and consistency.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I find that surprisingly fast to re-tool machinery to other grains, find an acceptable load and test it for reliability and consistency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should or WILL ?

Unless it was already in the pipeline due to market. I know PSA had talked to them at one point, they were probably already looking to expand their market share.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the supply has run out. Been to two WM the last two days, neither on has received any ammo shipments since Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine had the big cans today, no more 30 round boxes as of yet
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#31]
after shooting 60 rounds with decent accuracy and all went bang  i bought out the shelves today at walmart 1800 rounds no one said anything about a limit the guy was pissed because he had to get a shopping cart since he had to carry it to the Electronics department for me to pay lol NY tax came to .36 cents a round, cant beat that for ss109 right now
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

after shooting 60 rounds with decent accuracy and all went bang  i bought out the shelves today at walmart 1800 rounds no one said anything about a limit the guy was pissed because he had to get a shopping cart since he had to carry it to the Electronics department for me to day lol NY tax came to .36 cents a round, cant beat that for ss109 right now
View Quote
I have come to the same conclusion, cleaned mine out yesterday also,

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

after shooting 60 rounds with decent accuracy and all went bang  i bought out the shelves today at walmart 1800 rounds no one said anything about a limit the guy was pissed because he had to get a shopping cart since he had to carry it to the Electronics department for me to day lol NY tax came to .36 cents a round, cant beat that for ss109 right now
Aside from Tulammo - which is rarely seen around my walmart - it's the cheapest .223 on the shelf. All the fuckin 193 is 40 plus cents per round even.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
after shooting 60 rounds with decent accuracy and all went bang  i bought out the shelves today at walmart 1800 rounds no one said anything about a limit the guy was pissed because he had to get a shopping cart since he had to carry it to the Electronics department for me to pay lol NY tax came to .36 cents a round, cant beat that for ss109 right now
View Quote

I'm amazed that your WM had 1800 rounds......it's all but vaporized around here.  Called a dozen Walmarts all around the area, and zero stock.  Some have the 7.62, and some of them are even out of that.  If I run across 1800 rounds of the 5.56, I'd take it all home, too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm amazed that your WM had 1800 rounds......it's all but vaporized around here.  Called a dozen Walmarts all around the area, and zero stock.  Some have the 7.62, and some of them are even out of that.  If I run across 1800 rounds of the 5.56, I'd take it all home, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think maybe stores got a re-stock last weekend, my local WM had about 1500 ZQI 5.56 on the shelf on the 2nd, they didn't have any a few days prior.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Their 7.62 is on the weak/slow side. It barely cycles the action on my AR...
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Just got back from walmart, another case of ZQI, they are killing me. I left some there this time
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just got back from walmart, another case of ZQI, they are killing me. I left some there this time
View Quote

Lucky.
None of my local walmarts have any left or have gotten restocked, even the 7.62 is gone.

The closest store just got  some 120rnd packs of 62gr Federal, but @$60 they can keep it.

ETA: they had a few in the case, but I saw that someone had stashed some under the counter - let the Walmart games begin.

Been watching the same Walmart have .22LR go in stock and out of stock over the last couple of weeks,
but the employees swear they don't have any and have not seen any.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I wonder how much is left, manager said there was no more, yet, another case shows up every couple of days.This is the cheapest pop going as of now, and may not get better anytime soon
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I wonder how much is left, manager said there was no more, yet, another case shows up every couple of days.This is the cheapest pop going as of now, and may not get better anytime soon ever
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep, I may be sorry I left those 15 to 20 boxes, I have no doubt that $9.98 will be a steal soon.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think the supply has run out. Been to two WM the last two days, neither on has received any ammo shipments since Wednesday.
View Quote
I got 300rds last night for $106 in raleigh

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I was able to get 4  boxes today, 1st time I have seen any instock in weeks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was able to get 4  boxes today, 1st time I have seen any instock in weeks.
View Quote

I wish some would make it's way over to the west coast. We've been dry for a week.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#45]
5 boxes today.. Every time I drive by any Wally I've been stopping in.. First time I have seen it in the last two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I went yesterday and today to my local WM. No 5.56 in stock but they did have .22LR. Limit of one 100 round box. I suspect they will not get any more ZQI 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#47]
"Shiff" is correct. I called Zenith Firearms (ZQ1 importers) and confirmed that they intend to import both m193 55 gr. 5.56 and 77gr. 5.56 within the next few months. Prices not in stone, but will be in the mean average range of prices charged by other manufactures of similar type ammo. They were extremely friendly over the phone. They will be selling ammo directly over the internet (company called guardian) and walmart ( if walmart renews contract).
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, I'm done. I have 1500 rounds set back (of ZQI). Y'all can buy up the rest. I'd like to thank President Obama for inspiring me to raise my on-hand supply of 5.56 by 1500 rounds. Elvis has LEFT the building.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked up 18 boxes today.  Total of 540 rounds.  Woohoo...
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I know this is a side tangent and good chance its gone from stores but might get lucky. I was able to get Perfecta ammo (.223 and their other calibers) for a round $9 for a box of 50. Make sure to take a look when looking for ZQI
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top