BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
MAC pulled the ZQI factory vid.

Perhaps they didn't want some filthy Westerner lusting after that QA hottie at the end.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Perhaps they didn't want some filthy Westerner lusting after that QA hottie at the end.
View Quote

Still up - I just watched it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Louisiana still has 5.56
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://B7IvH_5bZYc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://B7IvH_5bZYc

Me wants dat HK93 clone!  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
15 boxes today and 10 about 2 weeks ago!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Too bad. I ended up with about 1600 rounds of 5.56 and 1100 rounds of 7.62. Shot pretty well for ball. Honestly, there's no reason MKE couldn't sell ammunition cheap enough for it to market at $10/box. This is military production, so inertia would substantially reduce costs. The real issue is the "cut" the importer decides is "fair".
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I only have about couple of hundred of 556 but over 3k 7.62. I would of have more of the damn 556 if they had it in my area.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Too bad. I ended up with about 1600 rounds of 5.56 and 1100 rounds of 7.62. Shot pretty well for ball. Honestly, there's no reason MKE couldn't sell ammunition cheap enough for it to market at $10/box. This is military production, so inertia would substantially reduce costs. The real issue is the "cut" the importer decides is "fair".
View Quote

I totally agree. They'll find out soon as no one buys it. There's a lot of options out there. $9.97/30 is a good price but not by far the cheapest.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#9]
So where u can u get NATO or equivalent, 5.56 62gr, noncorrosive, reloadable brass cases for cheaper shipped (about 36 cents a rd)?

Quoted:

I totally agree. They'll find out soon as no one buys it. There's a lot of options out there. $9.97/30 is a good price but not by far the cheapest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#10]
My local Wal-Mart keeps stocking 7.62, I've been buying 100 rounds a week.

No 5.56 though.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand how people keep saying ss109 is cheap ammo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.33 cpr + tax for brass cased, boxer primed, reloadable brass seems cheap to me. Where do you buy it for less?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Nobody is buying 7.62 at my local Walmarts but the 5.56 hasn't been seen in 3 months :( I got a couple of boxes of 7.62 in hopes of trading for 5.56 once this stuff is gone from the stores.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]
So I figured I'd put in 2 more cents.

I shot some in my 603 AR. Seemed to shoot good. No failures, cheap, could hit my 18" metal target with iron sites at 100 yrds, reloadable brass, not to dirty. What was not to like.

Tried it in my varmint / target AR. Tried to sight it in. Groups were around 5". With other ammo sub MOA. So IMHO the ammo is OK but just know what you are buying.

Also, my Wally World has been out for a while, checked there, ZQ1, website, out of stock and now .42 cent around from .36 I paid at WW.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I fired my first ZQI 7.62 today in my new PA-10 (two boxes).  Worked perfectly, seemed to shoot fine and didn't seem any dirtier than the other ammo I shot.  I was shooting iron sights at 25 and 50 yards.

Iron sights, 25 yards.  The center hold is 5 rounds of ZQI and 5 of Herters SP (and the 3 up and right are all Herters).  The 6 o'clock group is 15 rounds of Aussie ball which I wish I had more of (the one flyer was round #11 and "called").

This is my first group of ZQI at 50 with 6 o'clock hold.  Iron sights and to my eyes that bull was mighty fuzzy).

Since I can't get any more of that Aussie ball for 20 cents, I'll be buying lots more ZQI.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:10:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So where u can u get NATO or equivalent, 5.56 62gr, noncorrosive, reloadable brass cases for cheaper shipped (about 36 cents a rd)?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's cheap right now at $9.97/30. My comment was related to them selling direct for quite a bit more. I just bought 15 more boxes this week. I love this ammo. IMI M193 is around the same price but of course is not SS109. It's crazy they sell Federal XM855 side by side with ZQI and it runs over $.50 a round for loose packed.

I travel a lot so I'll hit small town Wal-Marts. I hit the jackpot sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:14:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Wait!  You're still finding ZQI 5.56 to buy?

Rob
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote

Yep, bought 15 boxes Tuesday in Lufkin Texas. I didn't clear them out either. I also bought some of the ZQI NATO 9mm. It's one of the best 9mm ammo I've ever used.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, getting ready to start buying their 9mm now. My Uzi likes it, and it shoots VERY well out of my BHP.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, getting ready to start buying their 9mm now. My Uzi likes it, and it shoots VERY well out of my BHP.
View Quote

The 123gr ZQI 9mm is about the only 9mm I buy anymore. It's on'y 1 to 2 bucks more than the steel cased and low end brass cased. I love the sealed primers. I feel comfortable storing it long term.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I picked up 4 boxes of the 7.,62 and 4 boxes of the ss109 to try. the 7.62 stuff shot great for m80 in my SR25. makes a great range/plinking load. it is FGMM, but it isn't FGMM price either. I will be buying as much of it as I can as long as it stays at $9.97 a box. I haven't shot the green tip yet, buy my friend at work ran a few mags of it earlier this week and said he couldn't tell any difference between it and Federal or Lake City (same thing)
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I just picked up 3 more boxes of 7.62 at one of the local Wal-Marts.  They still have a shelf label for the 5.56, but they're out...  I wonder if they just haven't removed the label, or if they "expect some in."
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Same here - I have bought 700 rounds of .308 over the past 2 - 3 weeks.  No 5.56 available though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#24]
7.62 ZQI shot a bit better out of my M700PSS--

By way of comparison, here is a typical four shot group using 168gr BTHPs--

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Rob
View Quote

ZQI 5.56 is still on the shelves my friends. I have not come across any at home in nearly a month but I have found it out of state while I have been traveling for business. I was able to purchase some last week in Montgomery, AL + I purchased more last night in Pensacola, FL.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

.33 cpr + tax for brass cased, boxer primed, reloadable brass seems cheap to me. Where do you buy it for less?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said $9.97 per 30 was not the cheapest. I'd like to know where you can get it cheaper. Other than ZQI it's not cheap anywhere I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Ran two boxes of ZQI 5.56 today.  No issues.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#28]
So it seems the zqi 556 is not  . The west coast walmart warehouse anymore. So if u live mid west the warehouse out there seems to have some left
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Which Walmart has ZQI ammo at all?

The one I work at doesn't stock any ZQI ammo at all, but instead they have Perfecta 308 for 14.95 a box.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#30]
What city are you in?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Austin, TX
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I live in the central part of IL and there hasn't been any ZQI here for many months.

They had PPU a month ago, but now only Winchester, Wolf and Perfecta.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, can't help for Austin.  I could tell you what Walmarts around me still have the ZQI ammunition.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#34]
If you have the WM app on a smartphone, you can scan the ZQI barcode and then enter a zip code and search for availability in that area.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you have the WM app on a smartphone, you can scan the ZQI barcode and then enter a zip code and search for availability in that area.
View Quote

Wish I had a pic of the barcode for the 7.62.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys with the 7.62 hard on really should shoot it before stocking up.  It's absolute crap.

OTOH, the Perfecta is exquisite ammo, and they're pretty much giving it away, at least they were...
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#37]
7.62 barcodes
Thanks StormNorm20!

</a>" />

[/URL]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#38]
So if you shot a turkey with some ZQI ammo, what would it be?

I'm not sure how much kick AR10's have but I know when I shot bolt action in 308 I couldn't shoot more than a box without problems.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#39]
The bolt action does put a little beating on you. I could shoot all day long with my M1a, just as long as someone is supplying the ammo!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So if you shot a turkey with some ZQI ammo, what would it be?

I'm not sure how much kick AR10's have but I know when I shot bolt action in 308 I couldn't shoot more than a box without problems.
View Quote

I see what you did there.

With an AR, there should be at least some of the recoil taken up by the action.  My SIG 716 does not seem to have quite as much "objectionable" recoil as my FR-8.  The SIG is also noticeably heavier...
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Actually, I looked at the Walmart I work at again, they do have ZQI but only in .223

I asked the sporting guy if they had it in 308 and they said only what's there...

I was hoping to find 10 dollar per box 308 ammo that isn't steel cased (I seen youtube videos of people reloading steel cased ammo or even turning berdan primed case into boxer cases, but I don't know if it's possible)
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 1:18:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Actually, I looked at the Walmart I work at again, they do have ZQI but only in .223

I asked the sporting guy if they had it in 308 and they said only what's there...

I was hoping to find 10 dollar per box 308 ammo that isn't steel cased (I seen youtube videos of people reloading steel cased ammo or even turning berdan primed case into boxer cases, but I don't know if it's possible)
View Quote

ZQI doesn't make .223 ammo.

The only ZQI ammo walmart sells is 5.56, 9mm, and 7.62 x 51.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where in Texas are you?
Seems I see a lot more 7.62 ZQI than 5.56 in the Houston area.

But I am pretty full on ammo.

ETA: Since you work at Walmart, can you or someone you know check inventory at surrounding stores for you?
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm sure I can, just not sure how to do that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm sure I can, just not sure how to do that.
View Quote

I dunno,
if it was me, I might befriend someone in customer service or someone who has access to a computer there at the store
and ask them to if they can check inventory at surrounding stores.
and give them the sku
maybe?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I know you can check stock on walmart website, however I don't know if I'm doing it right because I'm not sure how walmart search works. If I search 308 a bunch of calibers come up, same if I search 7.62 or anything else. When I search ZQI all I get is the 9mm parabellum one and a few other unrelated brands.

Is it possible to search by UPC?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I know you can check stock on walmart website, however I don't know if I'm doing it right because I'm not sure how walmart search works. If I search 308 a bunch of calibers come up, same if I search 7.62 or anything else. When I search ZQI all I get is the 9mm parabellum one and a few other unrelated brands.

Is it possible to search by UPC?
View Quote

I found the 5.56 and 7.62 on the WalMart website but both say "not available at this time" where it would say find in store.  I haven't seen any of the 5.56 around here in at least 6 weeks.  They got a couple big shipments in right at the end of the ammo run then nothing.  The 2 near me are still getting 7.62 in every couple weeks, not selling nearly as fast as the 5.56.  I've even seen some of it in the old white boxes that they must have dug up in a warehouse somewhere.  They just marked the 123 gr 9mm down to $11 a box.  Almost as cheap as Tula so picked some up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Is there another way to get ZQI ammo other than Walmart? Checking stock on ZQI ammo at walmart seems more like trying to find solid gold bullets. Actually the boxes of ZQI ammo at the walmart I work at don't even have price tags on them, and were placed in the upper corner in such a way that you have to look VERY hard to find it. Maybe I'll try Academy sports or something. I used to remember Walmart selling a greater selection of ammo but now it's just a small display case of it.

I can't find ZQI at any of the bulk ammo retailer online (ammoman, cheaper than dirt, etc.) at all.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Lucky gunner has ZQI 5.56, not sure about the other calibers.  Or can order directly from ZQI, though shipping is pretty high.  The prices at Walmart were just them getting rid of what they had left, probably at a loss.  Everywhere else it's priced pretty high.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Walmart stocks run-of-the-mill .223 for $0.40+/rnd. ZQI is definitely discounted to 0 or less profit.
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top