User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm a huge fan of IMI ammo.  From what I've ran in my machine guns (It's easy to tell how hot ammo is with the rate of fire, and how consistent ammo is if there is a fluctuation in rate of fire), I've noticed they are always a little hotter and are more consistent than Lake City, while being cheaper.  Win win.  I have not tried the 308 yet, but this is my first 500 rounds of that.  If it runs well in the M60 and 21E I'll be buying a bulk order of it, but I think I have nothing to worry about.  We shall see, and I will report back.

1200 5.56 55g - This stuff is GREAT!
1000 9mm 124g - This stuff is really hot and great for subguns.  my pistols like it too, although it may be slightly too hot for some of them.
500 7.62x51 147g - We shall see

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/michaelkih/DSC01952_zps4fd0e10a.jpg

Now loaded in cans on the "ammo wall".  Yes these are almost all full (90 cans out of 96 cans).  I'm not sure if this makes me smart or an idiot.  The fiancé luckily doesn't care.....

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/michaelkih/DSC01951_zps967f1c26.jpg

Anyways, I plan on making a video comparing the rate of fire with the 308 between some 2014 Lake City and some 2014 IMI in both the M60E6 and the 21E with a shot timer.  Speaking of, anyone have a good recommendation for a great shot timer for timing machine gun ROFs?Thanks for reading!
View Quote

Awesome to be you!   Going to puke now.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know price is a bit high but I couldn't help myself. I don't even need anymore. I think I need ammo counseling. I am an addict.
View Quote

You are not alone, my friend!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thumbs up on the ammo and guns. I also like how that fort is very organized. I'm a bit OCD about my ammo stash so for me I love to see it well marked and organized.

Related to IMI. It's my first choice for both 5.56 and 9mm. I will always support Israel where I can, I'm not a fan of bullpups, but for the price of a custom AK I love the Galil ACE.

My main problem with IMI is that there are very few sources. This needs to be sold at every online vendor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The M855 is IMI, it's pretty accurate. Noticeably more accurate than Lake City M855.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Palmetto State Armory sells IMI. I bought some two weeks ago for $6.19 a box. Price did go up since then.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:42:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I pity the giant underground graboids that smash through your basement walls...
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Palmetto State Armory sells IMI. I bought some two weeks ago for $6.19 a box. Price did go up since then.
View Quote

Is that Federal Independence made by IMI under contract or regular IMI?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I only saw the Independence.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like your ammo shelves.  Did you use pine for the shelving or something fancier?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top