Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2015 9:00:54 PM EDT
I am going to start a .300 black out build. It will be a 16" Carbine barrel for supersonic ammo only. (Found one for cheap!)
First off the only ammo I could find in town was this:
Is it any good?
Next question why does Remington use Barnes brass?

Last question! For blasting ammo all I can find for a reasonable price is the Ozark Ordinance stuff. Which seems to have ok reviews. Is there anything else I am missing?
My normal ammo buying sites (Palmetto and Aim) do now have much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Barnes and Remington are part of the conglomerate Freedom Group.  Advanced Armament, Marlin, and Bushmaster are also notable members.

Hope This Helps.

U2AV8R
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
147gr are the standard plinking round.  There is a lot of ammo out there if you use gunbot or ammoseek to find it.  I have bought plenty of ammo in the $.50-.60 range.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive shot plenty of the Remington L300AAC1. Good stuff, accurate, clean, no failures. I look for it whenever im in walmart.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Try FTW ammo too for sub and supers

Www.ftwammo.com

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive shot plenty of the Remington L300AAC1. Good stuff, accurate, clean, no failures. I look for it whenever im in walmart.
View Quote

I paid 16.45 a box or something like that give or take $0.20. Decent price?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah its $16.44 at my Walmart which is .82cpr. Thats good for quality factory new ammo right now. Of course you can get the remanufactured stuff for cheaper just for plinking.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah its $16.44 at my Walmart which is .82cpr. Thats good for quality factory new ammo right now. Of course you can get the remanufactured stuff for cheaper just for plinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need to check out my Walmart. Haven't seen any 300
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:25:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I buy Ozark Ordnance for just about all of my plinking ammo.  Great value, customer service, and actually pretty accurate/consistent.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been buying the same UMC stuff from my local Walmart. Really not bad at all for factory new brass like mentioned before. Ozark seems to have a great quality round but they are experiencing some growing pains. They are having a really hard time keeping up with demand. Last time I called they said expect 2-4 weeks before they could ship. Everything I have seen on other forums says everyone has gotten there orders in a little over a month.Black Gun Industries also has 147gr plinking ammo that is a little cheaper. They are shipping right away and have pretty good reviews on other 300 specific forums. They seem to be about the cheapest I have found so far. Also, check out Barnes Vor-tx and the Lehigh Defense for good hunting rounds.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
That's Barnes brass and a Barnes bullet loaded at Barnes' facility.
It is premium ammo for less than a buck a shot.

Stock up son
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#11]
AMMOSEEK!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
i found some @ wallyworld. does this stuff expand?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked up 200 rnds from Target Sports USA last week. After reading this post I decided to check the ammo. It has Barnes 300 stamped on the case. I ordered another 400 rnds today, $339 shipped.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate to say it but I would build a 6.8 over a 300 blk right now. Supply hasn't caught up with demand and 300 blk ammo is hella expensive. I just bought some of the superb Hornady BTHP 110 grain 6.8 ammo (with cannelure) for $16 a box of 20. My buddy went looking for decent 300 blk ammo and was paying double at $32 for a box of 20. Regardless of what the fanboys say, 6.8 has WAY better ballistics if you are going to be shooting supersonic. This has been argued on here numerous times but I am not convinced that firing a 220 grain rifle profile bullet at low velocity has any advantage over a 230 grain .45 HP round at the same velocity, other than the fact that you can shoot supersonic 110 grain 300 blk pills out of the same barrel, albeit, with significantly reduced range. I know, I know some folks don't want the proprietary bolt and mags 6.8 requires but there are always tradeoffs. The same buddy bought some cheap 300 blk reloads. Due to the lack of neck in putting a .308 pill in the 5.556 case, the reloads which were only slightly out of spec locked his gun up every other round so that he had to mortar it to get the bullets unstuck. After 10 frustrating rounds, he was done.  

I just checked Target Sports and the cheapest they had in stock was $17 for 20 rounds of UMC 120 grain.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I hate to say it but I would build a 6.8 over a 300 blk right now. Supply hasn't caught up with demand and 300 blk ammo is hella expensive. I just bought some of the superb Hornady BTHP 110 grain 6.8 ammo (with cannelure) for $16 a box of 20. My buddy went looking for decent 300 blk ammo and was paying double at $32 for a box of 20. Regardless of what the fanboys say, 6.8 has WAY better ballistics if you are going to be shooting supersonic. This has been argued on here numerous times but I am not convinced that firing a 220 grain rifle profile bullet at low velocity has any advantage over a 230 grain .45 HP round at the same velocity, other than the fact that you can shoot supersonic 110 grain 300 blk pills out of the same barrel, albeit, with significantly reduced range. I know, I know some folks don't want the proprietary bolt and mags 6.8 requires but there are always tradeoffs. The same buddy bought some cheap 300 blk reloads. Due to the lack of neck in putting a .308 pill in the 5.556 case, the reloads which were only slightly out of spec locked his gun up every other round so that he had to mortar it to get the bullets unstuck. After 10 frustrating rounds, he was done.  

I just checked Target Sports and the cheapest they had in stock was $17 for 20 rounds of UMC 120 grain.
View Quote

First no one! Not a single person! Not the OP or any other posters after that solicited, asked, requested, petitioned, motioned, begged, demanded, prayed, seeked or beseeched any input on what the 6.8 has to offer. The fact that you came on here and said it anyways makes me think you don't really "hate to say it".

Second your ability to find ammo is definitely lacking as finding 300BLK ammo at around $8-$13 dollars per 20 isn't very hard.

Here let me help you with this:

250 147gr AAC BLK ammo for $110 or the equivelent of $8.80 per box of 20.

Ozark Ordanance 147gr box of 50 for $27.99 or the equivelent of $11.19 per box of 20.

Ozark Ordanance 150gr box of 50 for $27.99 or the equivelent of $11.19 per box of 20

That took me about 8 seconds to find those and there are hundreds more at under $15 per box of 20.

Please before posting such idiotic things as only being able to find 300BLK for $32 per box of 20 that you actually take 5 seconds and look for the ammo. But then again coming from someone trying to pimp the 6.8 instead of the 300BLK accuracy in dealing with the 300BLK is not something you guys known for.

Plus when you start spouting stupid things like a .45 ACP comparison in the same sentence that you mention the 6.8 please tell me what subsonic round is your 6.8 capable of shooting? You ask for the advantage of the 300BLK over the .45 ACP well the 300BLK has a lot better BC than the .45 meaning it can travel a lot farther than the .45 ACP. Also and I can't stress this enough is THERE IS NO .45 ACP THAT CAN EVEN COME CLOSE TO MATCHING THE CAPABILITIES OF THE SUPERSONIC 300BLK. The fact that the 300BLK can also do subsonic is just a plus to what the 300BLK supersonics can do.

Then start saying things like "significant reduced range" just makes you look like a douchebag because what are you comparing it to? The .45 ACP you were talking about in the same sentence because the 300BLK can definitely shoot a lot farther than the .45 ACP or maybe you are comparing it to a 155mm howitzer then yes I believe the 300BLK does have significantly reduced range over a round that can fly over 15 miles. I think even the GOD like 6.8 has significantly less range than the howitzer but then again according to the 6.8 fanboys maybe not.

They you put something about WAY better ballistics but I didn't understand what you are saying because there are a lot of ballistic types and very few of them the 6.8 is better let alone WAY better. Such as terminal ballistics where under 400 yards the 300BLK is better just for the ability to create a larger wound cavity. Internal ballistics I believe the 300BLK once again has the advantage as it is able to burn most of its powder and propel the bullet in barrels around 8 inches. Now I believe you were talking about Ballistics Coefficients as the 6.8 has a better one than the 300BLK but hardly "WAY" better.

As anything the 6.8 can do inside of 300 yards the 300BLK can do just as well or better. Without having to change to non standard mags or bolts, the ability to load 30 rounds in a magazine, brass that is easily made from one of the most common pieces of brass on the planet, tons of military surplus bullets and brass and with the ability to go from supersonic to subsonic with the change of a magazine.

I don't know why you 6.8 fanboys come onto every 300BLK thread that has nothing to do with the 6.8 and spout all your nonsense.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Recoil,
BRAVO!

You pretty much covered it......with class and FACTS. You almost took the words right out of my mouth. In the long run the 300BO has so much more going for it than the 6.8 in an AR platform it's a no brainer. Thanks for telling it like it is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you think that Colt jumping on the Blackout Wagon will finally shut them up?  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't hate to say it.  You wanted to say it.

Supply has and is catching up.  but Demand is also increasing.  As already pointed out you did not even bother to look for actual pricing.  

$32 for 20 what?  loaded with what and who he did he by it from?  are we talking 20 rounds loaded with pulled 147fmjs form jim bobs reloads?  or 20 rounds loaded with premium bullets?  that would make a difference and may show your "buddies" lack of smart purchasing.

I realize the fan boy comment was a jab, but I wear it with pride.  because I don't have to lie about a cartridge I have an irrational hatred for, like so many I see with this odd irrational hatred of the 300blk

if you fire a 300 blk 220gr smk subsonic vs a ,45 acp 230gr HP  then sure,  the 45 will win on effective damage, however that is a horrible and dishonest comparison and not applicable.  now if you actually used logic and integrity and compared a 240gr Outlaw State Bullet, or a 194gr Lehigh or even a 174gr lehigh then you would have an honest comparison, and the 300 blk loads will perform much much better.  But something tells me you had no intention of an honest comparison. Plus I don't care how hard you try, you will not get the lightest .45 acp to even touch a 110gr 300blk.

your "buddy" bought RELOADS that apparently were not to spec and that makes the WHOLE concept of the 300 blk a failure?  Ok then, well don't eat another apple, there are a few rotten ones out there you know.  or even better, since Remington screwed up on submitting the 6.8 to SAAMI then that means the 6.8 is a failure.  (for the record I have no belief what so ever that the 6.8 is any kind of failure, and is a great cartridge, but I digress)

Lack of neck?  you obviously have no idea how the 300 blk is formed. let us look at some actual numbers.
Cartridge                   Neck length
.308 winchester        0.3032
.30-06                      0.385
.30-30                      0.476
7.62x39                    0.285
7.62x54                    0.386
300 blk                     0.2659

Just for giggles
6.8SPC                     0.2897, although I did find some drawings giving the neck length as .250

Yeah lack of neck alright, while shorter then the rest, to say lack of neck is blatantly dishonest

anyways Recoil said everything else I wanted to say.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you think that Colt jumping on the Blackout Wagon will finally shut them up?  
View Quote

nope.  new conspiracy is going to be something about Freedom Group paying millions of dollars to Colt to get them to make a "few" 300blk ARs
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Supply has and is catching up.  but Demand is also increasing.  As already pointed out you did not even bother to look for actual pricing.  

$32 for 20 what?  loaded with what and who he did he by it from?  are we talking 20 rounds loaded with pulled 147fmjs form jim bobs reloads?  or 20 rounds loaded with premium bullets?  that would make a difference and may show your "buddies" lack of smart purchasing.

I realize the fan boy comment was a jab, but I wear it with pride.  because I don't have to lie about a cartridge I have an irrational hatred for, like so many I see with this odd irrational hatred of the 300blk

if you fire a 300 blk 220gr smk subsonic vs a ,45 acp 230gr HP  then sure,  the 45 will win on effective damage, however that is a horrible and dishonest comparison and not applicable.  now if you actually used logic and integrity and compared a 240gr Outlaw State Bullet, or a 194gr Lehigh or even a 174gr lehigh then you would have an honest comparison, and the 300 blk loads will perform much much better.  But something tells me you had no intention of an honest comparison. Plus I don't care how hard you try, you will not get the lightest .45 acp to even touch a 110gr 300blk.

your "buddy" bought RELOADS that apparently were not to spec and that makes the WHOLE concept of the 300 blk a failure?  Ok then, well don't eat another apple, there are a few rotten ones out there you know.  or even better, since Remington screwed up on submitting the 6.8 to SAAMI then that means the 6.8 is a failure.  (for the record I have no belief what so ever that the 6.8 is any kind of failure, and is a great cartridge, but I digress)

Lack of neck?  you obviously have no idea how the 300 blk is formed. let us look at some actual numbers.

Just for giggles
6.8SPC                     0.2897, although I did find some drawings giving the neck length as .250

Yeah lack of neck alright, while shorter then the rest, to say lack of neck is blatantly dishonest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just for giggles

I built the 300blk rifle for my buddy so your irrational confirmation bias obviously got the best of you in your post above. It was his first AR and he bought into all the hype about 300 blk so I felt bad that I didn't discuss more options with him. When I build a rifle for someone I always want to be there when they shoot it for the first time but in this instance, due to him moving, i couldn't. The $32 ammo was factory new Remmington of some type he bought locally from one of the 15 gun stores he called in Phoenix who actually had it in stock. And you must of missed that I did quote an actual ammo price from Target Sports.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The fact that the 300BLK can also do subsonic is just a plus to what the 300BLK supersonics can do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The fact that the 300BLK can also do subsonic is just a plus to what the 300BLK supersonics can do.
Yeah, I said that here...
Quoted:
other than the fact that you can shoot supersonic 110 grain 300 blk pills out of the same barrel, albeit, with significantly reduced range. EDIT: When compared to 5.56 or 6.8 out of a 16 inch barrel.

Quoted:
makes you look like a douchebag
Typically when posters resort to name calling it is because they are aware their argument lacks merit.
Quoted:
They you put something about WAY better ballistics but I didn't understand what you are saying because there are a lot of ballistic types and very few of them the 6.8 is better let alone WAY better. Such as terminal ballistics where under 400 yards the 300BLK is better just for the ability to create a larger wound cavity.

This assertion is not supported by information on this very forum.PLEASE CHECK the "Ammo for Self Defense" section. When compared to 300blk, the 6.8 flies farther, drops less, and retains more energy than the 300blk and there is only one or two bullets, like the Barnes 300blk 110 grain, that outperform numerous options in 6.8 in regards to terminal effects.
Quoted:
Without having to change to non standard mags or bolts,
Said this too in my post
I'm a fan of 5.56, 6.8 and .308. And I think 300 blk is pretty decent too for those folks without the budget to have more than one platform. I just don't understand why it makes otherwise normal human beings behave so irrationally. And FYI, 6.8 burns its powder quickly too and still exceeds the energy and velocity out of short barrels while having more reliable feeding and a higher BC for more effective range.This boils down to simple physics, not internet hype.

Finally, did you guys even read the OP's post? He said he was only going to shoot supersonic with a 16 inch barrel, which makes 95% of your frenzied arguments above a mute point. if you have the budget for a new bolt and 10 mags, 6.8 is the better choice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I built the 300blk rifle for my buddy so your irrational confirmation bias obviously got the best of you in your post above. It was his first AR and he bought into all the hype about 300 blk so I felt bad that I didn't discuss more options with him. When I build a rifle for someone I always want to be there when they shoot it for the first time but in this instance, due to him moving, i couldn't. The $32 ammo was factory new Remmington of some type he bought locally. And you must of missed that I did quote an actual ammo price from Target Sports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just for giggles

I built the 300blk rifle for my buddy so your irrational confirmation bias obviously got the best of you in your post above. It was his first AR and he bought into all the hype about 300 blk so I felt bad that I didn't discuss more options with him. When I build a rifle for someone I always want to be there when they shoot it for the first time but in this instance, due to him moving, i couldn't. The $32 ammo was factory new Remmington of some type he bought locally. And you must of missed that I did quote an actual ammo price from Target Sports.

Confirmation bias?  LOL that is funny.  Especially since you base your conclusion on the failure of the 300 blk on totally bogus information that does not actually fit reality

What "hype" exactly are we talking about?  I keep hearing that but not sure exactly what the hype is supposed to be.

so which was it he bought reloads that did not work or $32 Remington ammo that did not work?

I did miss your initial statement about the Target sports,  

But how come you don't address your bogus comparison of the .45 ACP or your highly misinformed statement of "lack of neck" ?

I await your response.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I recently had the chance to shoot some Freedom Munitions 147gr reman....will not do it again.  Had 18/100 FTF, one round had the neck buckle as it tried to feed.  It was a PITA to get out.  Contacted Freedom and they offered me 5% off my next order....there won't be one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This assertion is not supported by information on this very forum.PLEASE CHECK the "Ammo for Self Defense" section. When compared to 300blk, the 6.8 flies farther, drops less, and retains more energy than the 300blk and there is only one or two bullets, like the Barnes 300blk 110 grain, that outperform numerous options in 6.8 in regards to terminal effects.
Said this too in my post
I'm a fan of 5.56, 6.8 and .308. And I think 300 blk is pretty decent too for those folks without the budget to have more than one platform. I just don't understand why it makes otherwise normal human beings behave so irrationally. And FYI, 6.8 burns its powder quickly too and still exceeds the energy and velocity out of short barrels while having more reliable feeding and a higher BC for more effective range.This boils down to simple physics, not internet hype.

Finally, did you guys even read the OP's post? He said he was only going to shoot supersonic with a 16 inch barrel, which makes 95% of your frenzied arguments above a mute point. if you have the budget for a new bolt and 10 mags, 6.8 is the better choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
other than the fact that you can shoot supersonic 110 grain 300 blk pills out of the same barrel, albeit, with significantly reduced range. EDIT: When compared to 5.56 or 6.8 out of a 16 inch barrel.

Quoted:
makes you look like a douchebag
Typically when posters resort to name calling it is because they are aware their argument lacks merit.
Quoted:
They you put something about WAY better ballistics but I didn't understand what you are saying because there are a lot of ballistic types and very few of them the 6.8 is better let alone WAY better. Such as terminal ballistics where under 400 yards the 300BLK is better just for the ability to create a larger wound cavity.

Quoted:
Without having to change to non standard mags or bolts,
Said this too in my post

First my arguments are sound and didn't call you a douchebag I said it makes you look like a douchbag. But after looking up the definition of douchebag I believe I may have let you off to easy.

Websters definition of douchbag: One who comes on a thread unsolicited knocking and spouting BS about a topic they know very little about while pimping a product NO ONE EVEN ASKED FOR forcing those who actually know something about the topic to correct the posters dumb a$$ while turning what was a nice discussion into another 6.8 vs 300BLK argument.

Funny how you are asking us about reading the OP post when it is obvious you haven't read any of the post because I have yet to see a single person even asking for anything about the 6.8 so why did you feel the need to spam us with your total BS on the cost of the ammo and a malfunctioning 300BLK that has nothing to due with a 300BLK? Unless of course you believe the 6.8 will actually run out of spec ammo through it which of course I am sure you do as the 6.8 can take a charging elephant at 1,000 yards with just the primer in the case.

You don't see the 6.5 fans who actually have a bullet that can shoot farther than the 6.8 and has cheaper ammo than the 6.8 coming on these 300BLK threads and trying to pimp their wares. I also don't see the .308 people coming on these threads and pushing their opinion on how much better it is over the 6.8 even though in just about ever category it is far superior.

So why do you feel the need to interrupt a discussion by adults on a subject you obviously know very little about?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:50:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven't seen any .300 blk in any walmart near me yet.  I did buy a case of Remington 220gr green box stuff at the Buffalo Gun Center last year.  But, my plan is to reload nearly all of my ammo.  I think the investment in a small chop saw (harbor freight) and some reloading equipment (like the lee anniversary kit, or something similar) could pay for itself rather quick.  .308 bullets are more expensive than .223, but I'll be trying a few of these flat nose ones I use for 30-30, to see if they will actually chamber.

(Both are 150gr)

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Confirmation bias?  LOL that is funny.  Especially since you base your conclusion on the failure of the 300 blk on totally bogus information that does not actually fit reality

What "hype" exactly are we talking about?  I keep hearing that but not sure exactly what the hype is supposed to be.

so which was it he bought reloads that did not work or $32 Remington ammo that did not work?

But how come you don't address your bogus comparison of the .45 ACP or your highly misinformed statement of "lack of neck" ?

I await your response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just for giggles

I await your response.

He bought (3) boxes of Remmington which worked perfectly but jammed up his gun with the reloads. I wasn't really talking about the ACTUAL neck. What I should have said was lack of case taper is more prone to feeding issues.

I guess I am unsure what was bogus about my .45 ACP comparison. If I was going to use a suppressed SBR with heavy bullets, the terminal performance of Federal HST 230 gr +P out of a 9 inch barrel will best any heavy subsonic 300 blk. Educate yourself by reading the "Ammo for Self Defense" section of AR15.com. At subsonic velocities, temporary stretch cavities are not applicable. A .45 that expands to .90 inches and penetrates over 12 inches will give you the highest odds of stopping the perp. Please produce the ballistic gelatin photos for the subsonic 220 or 240 grain bullets you refer to.

Finally, you didn't address my assertion regarding your off topic arguments since the OP is not going to be shooting subsonic.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

First my arguments are sound and didn't call you a douchebag I said it makes you look like a douchbag. But after looking up the definition of douchebag I believe I may have let you off to easy.

Websters definition of douchbag: One who comes on a thread unsolicited knocking and spouting BS about a topic they know very little about while pimping a product NO ONE EVEN ASKED FOR forcing those who actually know something about the topic to correct the posters dumb a$$ while turning what was a nice discussion into another 6.8 vs 300BLK argument.

Funny how you are asking us about reading the OP post when it is obvious you haven't read any of the post because I have yet to see a single person even asking for anything about the 6.8 so why did you feel the need to spam us with your total BS on the cost of the ammo and a malfunctioning 300BLK that has nothing to due with a 300BLK? Unless of course you believe the 6.8 will actually run out of spec ammo through it which of course I am sure you do as the 6.8 can take a charging elephant at 1,000 yards with just the primer in the case.

You don't see the 6.5 fans who actually have a bullet that can shoot farther than the 6.8 and has cheaper ammo than the 6.8 coming on these 300BLK threads and trying to pimp their wares. I also don't see the .308 people coming on these threads and pushing their opinion on how much better it is over the 6.8 even though in just about ever category it is far superior.

So why do you feel the need to interrupt a discussion by adults on a subject you obviously know very little about?
View Quote

The lady doth protest too much methinks. That is "too" much as in "let you off too easy".

You post sounds very pathetically like someone trying hard to convince themselves, not the hive.

For someone pretending to have extensive knowledge on terminal ballistics, you obviously haven't read anything on here. In the subsonic capacity, 300 blk will not have equal performance to a Federal .45 HST 230gr +P. Sorry.

Finally, the 300 blk is a finicky feeder just by the nature of the lack of taper. So yes, a 6.8 round that is slightly out of spec, or 5.56 for that matter, will be much more likely not to cause feeding issues. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He bought (3) boxes of Remmington which worked perfectly but jammed up his gun with the reloads. I wasn't really talking about the ACTUAL neck. What I should have said was lack of case taper is more prone to feeding issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So you meant case taper but you said neck.  I can easily see how one could mix up the two.

Having fired thousands of rounds of 300blk  I am not sure exactly where you get the idea of the case taper being a problem.  It must have been something you read on the internet.  Must also explain the countless feeding issues with .223

Quoted:
I guess I am unsure what was bogus about my .45 ACP comparison. If I was going to use a suppressed SBR with heavy bullets, the terminal performance of Federal HST 230 gr +P out of a 9 inch barrel will best any heavy subsonic 300 blk. Educate yourself by reading the "Ammo for Self Defense" section of AR15.com. At subsonic velocities, temporary stretch cavities are not applicable. A .45 that expands to .90 inches and penetrates over 12 inches will give you the highest odds of stopping the perp. Please produce the ballistic gelatin photos for the subsonic 220 or 240 grain bullets you refer to.

this is really quite simple.  If you are going to compare an expanding .45 acp round to a non expanding 300 blk round then yes the .45 wins.  a fair comparison would be a .45 acp expanding round to a 300 blk expanding round then no you are dead wrong. While there are plenty of gel test out there on the bullets I mentioned,  I don't need gel test when I can use actual flesh and bone

all of these are subsonic expanding 300 blk

Bullet on the left was recovered from the  above deer

here is some more

this is my favorite a subsonci cast hollow point took down this 9 point buck

with the proper pullet design a 300 blk subsonic can over come the .45 acp.  but I am sure you will have all kinds of reasons for this to be wrong.

Quoted:
Finally, you didn't address my assertion regarding your off topic arguments since the OP is not going to be shooting subsonic.

YOU brought up subsonic when YOU brought 45 acp into YOUR argument.

nice try though.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The lady doth protest too much methinks. That is "too" much as in "let you off too easy".

You post sounds very pathetically like someone trying hard to convince themselves, not the hive.

For someone pretending to have extensive knowledge on terminal ballistics, you obviously haven't read anything on here. In the subsonic capacity, 300 blk will not have equal performance to a Federal .45 HST 230gr +P. Sorry.

Finally, the 300 blk is a finicky feeder just by the nature of the lack of taper. So yes, a 6.8 round that is slightly out of spec, or 5.56 for that matter, will be much more likely not to cause feeding issues. Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You call me pathetic when it is you that comes with no knowledge of a round and bad mouth it then continue to push a view that no one has asked for. NOW THAT IS PATHETIC.

Once again you have no idea what you are talking about and you still come and spam this thread with your 6.8 BS.

Simple question swat why do you keep coming and posting outright lies on the 300BLK to push your 6.8 when like I said no one even asked for it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Personal attacks
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top