Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2014 5:43:48 PM EDT
http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/freedom-munitions-9mm-ammunition-warning.12203/

and here's mine, very first fucking shot of this shit in a 9mm AR

so if you've got any of this shit, throw it the fuck away

i'm contacting freedom now just because i'm pissed, luckily i only bought 200rds of it for suppressor use
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
fairly new conversion too so I got it on video

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
ehh never had any problem with mine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ehh never had any problem with mine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a bunch of reman .223 from them.
Any bad stories from that?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, the company has BAD in their name for Christ's sake.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I had some...interesting case defects, right out of the box. Granted, this was 'Blaster' ammo and not the normal stuff. One of the cases self-destructed in the chamber of my CZ-85 and made it jam, but no harm done. I just went through what I had left round-by-round and took out the defective ones, I'll just not trust it for critical use.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there issues with Freedom Munition's new ammo or just the reman?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is there issues with Freedom Munition's new ammo or just the reman?
View Quote

this was the new

ETA:  it's the brass that's shit

if the reman isn't from this brass i'd trust it way more
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I shot a little of their 300blk reman without incident but this stuff shit the bed on shot #1
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Well good thing I just ordered some

I find it interesting that you and both articles linked were both running carbines.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I generally buy their reman and just looked at latest box. A little bit of everyone else s but none of this brand.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#14]
well all the info you show is carbine use so why not try it in a pistol?

also after that 1 shot did you fire any more?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

one was plenty for me
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Are you OK?  Is your AR OK?

DO NOT throw away that ammo.  RETURN it to whomever you got it from with the failed case in hand.  They should box  up the whole batch and get Freedom Munitions to refund their AND YOUR money, along with any costs for fixing your gun (and especially any medical costs you might have incurred).  Throwing it away is like saying it's OK for a company to sell bad ammunition.

On the other hand, everybody had bad boxes and bad batches.  I got a box of Winchester Q3131 once that had several rounds that were physically bad - no extractor groove on one, no rim on another, etc...  No idea how multiple bad rounds got in one box, but after I carefully examined the other boxes I bought at the same time and found no issues, I returned that box to the vendor and they replaced the box, no questions asked.  So instead of just trashing the company, maybe you can get your money back and find out that they really aren't the devil incarnate...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had a lot of popped primers and FTF's from their reloaded .223. Never had any problems with their 9mm though.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

it wont matter, the inside of the case is too "square" resulting in stress in the case which leads to separation.

I cant believe they steill manf the case this way, its a proven shit design with multiple know blown cases. I guess they will change it when someone finally gets a face full of brass.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

On the other hand, everybody had bad boxes and bad batches.  
View Quote

yeah but the 9mm freedom munitions is know shit, with multiple net examples of blown cases
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

DO NOT throw away that ammo.  RETURN it to whomever you got it from with the failed case in hand.  They should box  up the whole batch and get Freedom Munitions to refund their AND YOUR money, along with any costs for fixing your gun (and especially any medical costs you might have incurred).  Throwing it away is like saying it's OK for a company to sell bad ammunition.

On the other hand, everybody had bad boxes and bad batches.  I got a box of Winchester Q3131 once that had several rounds that were physically bad - no extractor groove on one, no rim on another, etc...  No idea how multiple bad rounds got in one box, but after I carefully examined the other boxes I bought at the same time and found no issues, I returned that box to the vendor and they replaced the box, no questions asked.  So instead of just trashing the company, maybe you can get your money back and find out that they really aren't the devil incarnate...
View Quote

Where the fuck are you getting the company bashing from?

I'm being as fair and objective as I know how to

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I have shot thousands of rounds of their .223, 40 S&W, and 45ACP without issue. It was all reman though. I have also shot their 50BMG without issue
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I just looked through a bunch of fired 9mm brass, all 9mm new 115grn. All of the ones I looked at had the "stepped wall", having said that, I have fired thousands of rounds of this stuff through a M&P 9, M&P 9C and  a Shield with no issues. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe this issue is related to carbines.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I've used 1,000 rounds out of my g19 for a training class and had no issues. I, in turn, ordered 2,000 more rounds. I ain't skerrd
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Fired a couple hundred of the new subsonic out of my G17 without issue.

Put 100 or so of some off their new JHP 115gn through my Sub 9  without issue.

I have quite a bit of both types....

This is not good news.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I posted about a different problem with their 9mm from my M&P9 a couple months ago. Loads were so weak they wouldn't even pierce through a can.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=655318
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've used 1,000 rounds out of my g19 for a training class and had no issues. I, in turn, ordered 2,000 more rounds. I ain't skerrd
View Quote

147 gr?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#27]
well shit i ordered 2k rounds of 115 gr reman from freedom munitions to run in my pps, glock 17, and beretta cx4 carbine. So far i have about 500 rounds downrange and one fail to extract with the beretta.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It didn't strike me as "trying to be objective" when you started out saying their products are "shit."  Maybe it's just me...  I get tired of people who have a single bad experience and decide that the manufacturer was out to get them and post that everywhere...  I see that's not the case here, but the way your post read struck me the same as the guy that blamed Rock River for not taking care of his blown up 458 SOCOM when it was the crappy Internet reloads that screwed it up.  My apologies if I came off as preachy.

But now that I've seen so many other posted examples of how bad their stuff is, I stand by my first paragraph and suggest you take it all back to whomever you bought it from and get Freedom to refund your (and everyone else's) money...  Wow.  That stuff seems to be at least as bad as A-MERC ammo...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#29]
That problem is specific to 9mm and real and especially bad if you try to reload those cases.  Many reports of case head separation with that stuff.  It won't blow up your gun but the neck stays in your chamber and your gun will go down until you get that out which is not something you can do easily without the right tool.  It's bad stuff that should never have made it to the market and Freedom Ammunition should never have used those cases.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:53:10 PM EDT
[#30]
My friend and I  burned 250rds of freedom munitions 115 gr reman today , though a g19 a XD9 with 0 malfunctions  

We have shot 1500+rds of the stuff without issues , They are my go to choice for range ammo  

same goes for there .223    55gr reman
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I have shot several thousand rounds of 9mm 147gr REMAN through my uzi and mac 10 with no issues. They have their own brass which has this ring inside the case and that is where it seems to split. The reman has worked good for me but i won't order any more. I think the brass is the issue not the ammo. The last 1K i ordered maybe had 1-3 rounds per 50 round box that used the questionable brass. The 1st batch i ordered several years ago was all standard commercial brass.

I think the head stamp on the bad brass is ammoload. I put all the ammo with that brass in a box and only use it in my glock 17.

The reman 5.56 I bought from them works well. With good ammo getting close or below 30c i don't see any reason to buy more.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I tried Freedom once with their 380 auto ammo a while back. In the batch I received there was a 9mm Luger case and a 32 NAA case, both went through the resizer and had 380 bullets crammed in them. When I contacted them they weren't very interested in the problem and would not take the ammo back. So that was my first and last purchase from them. Poor QC combined with lackluster customer service is a bad combination when it comes to stuff that can blow up your gun.

I'm glad some have had good experiences with them, but know that you are rolling the dice when it comes to FM. If you get good stuff, then it's good. When it's bad it can be real bad. For me it is worth feeding my guns decent ammo from companies with a better reputation.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top