Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2014 3:44:03 AM EDT
I was recently given some ammo by a friend of my father's.  
He's been collecting ammo since the sixties and wanted to clean a little out of the closet.  
I have the option of keeping it all or selling off what I can't use and splitting the proceeds with him.
Some of it is fairly obscure...and since I'm not an ammo collector I'll probably sell it to someone who can appreciate it.
Here are some pics...

These appear to be WWII and pre-WWII 30-06 ammo from various different manufacturing plants.  Is there any collector interest for these or are they still pretty commonly found?

I may keep the 30-30, .45acp, and .30 carbine since I can run these thru my rifles if I needed to...
Since I don't have anything chambered in .32 Short Rimfire, 25-20, 32-40, or .32 Winchester I will almost certainly sell these off.  
I was told the black powder .32 Winchester could be worth a pretty good amount.
Any help on pricing these out will certainly be appreciated, or if there is another forum that might be more appropriate I would definitely love a friendly heads-up!
TIA...

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Any leads on a forum that might have members with some knowledge regarding the above ammo?  
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Santini...thanks for the lead!  I'll probably put a similar post up over there as well.
dpmmn...here's some more pics for ya!

...and here's some .45acp he gave me to display with my Thompson as well.  

Any other info you or anyone else can provide is definitely appreciated!

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you want to sell the AP and Tracer?  If so, IM me with what you have in mind, I'm interested.  Tom.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the offer Tom.  Right now I'm planning on holding on to some of the more unusual rounds, but I could see me selling some of the duplicates.
I'm still having trouble accurately determining prices on many of the rounds.  Seems like asking and selling prices are all over the place.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top