Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
Hey all,  I just got a 9mm (something new for me) and picked up some rounds on the cheap.  At least that's what gunbot said.  Here is what I got:

9mm 115gr HP Remanufactured from Freedom Munitions.  It says the hollow points are "X-Treme Bullets", which is "excellent for sports shooting and accuracy" but then it also says it is not good for defense.  

I bought these for target practice because it was $50 shipped for 250 rounds.  Just to clarify - I would use a defensive load for defensive purposes, but why list that they are "X-Treme Bullets" - whatever that is - and claim great accuracy, only to say don't use them for defensive purposes?  Anything that size traveling at 1100 fps is going to ruin your day.

If they were loaded in my gun I wouldn't hesitate to shoot whatever I had if push comes to shove, but I'm new to Freedom Munitions and their super duper highly accurate but not for defense bullets.

Anyway, I'd welcome some thoughts and opinions.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They may be hollow points but may not have the penetration to meet the FBI specs. Also they're safer to use in sports shooting because of less chance of ricochets.

I would say they'll still give a bad guy a bad day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They may be hollow points but may not have the penetration to meet the FBI specs. Also they're safer to use in sports shooting because of less chance of ricochets.

I would say they'll still give a bad guy a bad day.
View Quote

So that's why they are HP as opposed to regular FMJ?  I couldn't figure out why they'd make them HP but then specify they aren't for defensive purposes, which I thought was the point of HP's to begin with.  But hey, either way, they are for training and seemed awful cheap considering free shipping.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
They might just be a really cheap hollow points that are not designed for reliable expansion.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They might just be a really cheap hollow points that are not designed for reliable expansion.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top