Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 5:50:52 AM EDT
Promised someone to show my M276 Dim Tracer collection.   Sorry its behind glass.
Its incomplete, missing a few early ones, that are sectioned and not displayed with the others yet.  Had a pink (#1) ignite on me while cutting the other day, poof goes $50!
The ricker mount also has the history of the SLAP 7.62, which is also incomplete but cool enough to show.  The orange tip tracer with yellow stripe at lower left is a M62 experimental.

The list for the M276 goes from left to right:
FA/68 Pink
FA/68 white/ pink
FA/69 Green/ pink steel
LC/69 Green/ pink steel
LC/70 Green/ white steel
LC/90 Yellow/ white GM
LC/91 Green/ white GM
LC/92 Green/ white GM
LC/93 Green/ white GM
LC/94 Purple GM
LC/95 Purple GM
LC/97 Purple GM
LC/10 Purple 2nd cannalure
wolfganggross  

Wolfgangs desk.  That's some new generation HV tungsten core armor piercing stuff up front. Will be shown soon!

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#1]

IOriginally Posted By wolfganggross:

Wolfgangs desk.  That's some new generation HV tungsten core armor piercing stuff up front. Will be shown soon!

View Quote

tag
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks again !

I have to ask.... How many different cartridges do think you own ?.....Lol... and keeping track of everything must be a challenge !
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Thanks again !

I have to ask.... How many different cartridges do think you own ?.....Lol... and keeping track of everything must be a challenge !
View Quote

Just in cutaways, its around 800 different cartridges. As far as an entire collection, that's another story.  Also collect unopened boxes, experimentals, color tips, old obsolete ammo, shot gun shells, draw sets, etc.....
I like to specialize in armor piercing, tracers, and incendiaries.   So many bullets, very limited time.

My stuff is in a disarray, with most of it in three different rooms.  The sections for clients is bagged, labeled, then relabeled when its being pulled apart.  Only work on one client at a time so not to mix up.  Keeping it all separated in one spot is the key, that's why all the plastic baggies in the desk picture.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Got a question for you Wolfgang, since you seem quite knowledgeable about cartridge collecting...

...how rare are the 7.92 x 94mm cartridges used in the Panzerbuchse 39 during WW2?

I'd like to find one...even a dummy would be acceptable.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wolfganggross:

Just in cutaways, its around 800 different cartridges. As far as an entire collection, that's another story.  Also collect unopened boxes, experimentals, color tips, old obsolete ammo, shot gun shells, draw sets, etc.....
I like to specialize in armor piercing, tracers, and incendiaries.   So many bullets, very limited time.

My stuff is in a disarray, with most of it in three different rooms.  The sections for clients is bagged, labeled, then relabeled when its being pulled apart.  Only work on one client at a time so not to mix up.  Keeping it all separated in one spot is the key, that's why all the plastic baggies in the desk picture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wolfganggross:
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Thanks again !

You are far more organized than me.... I have trouble keeping the cleaned reloadable brass headstamps in their own bin ! Lol

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KeithPagel] [#6]
Originally Posted By PNWRN:

Got a question for you Wolfgang, since you seem quite knowledgeable about cartridge collecting...

...how rare are the 7.92 x 94mm cartridges used in the Panzerbuchse 39 during WW2?

Thanks.
View Quote

The Panzerbuchse isn't a hard cartridge to find, but you'd have to get one from a dedicated cartridge collector/dealer.  Most other people aren't likely to have it (i.e. your local gun show.)  Any of the cartridge shows seem to have at least one person with a sample in inventory.  See the IAA website for show locations and dates.  (www.cartridgecollectors.org)
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KeithPagel:

The Panzerbuchse isn't a hard cartridge to find, but you'd have to get one from a dedicated cartridge collector/dealer.  Most other people aren't likely to have it (i.e. your local gun show.)  Any of the cartridge shows seem to have at least one person with a sample in inventory.  See the IAA website for show locations and dates.  (www.cartridgecollectors.org)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KeithPagel:
Originally Posted By PNWRN:

Thanks.

Besides cartridge shows, watch the gun auction sites.  Sometimes they are on there.  For a low end, just the case $30, fake put together $70, for real deal $100+.  
Why stop there for antitank ammo, how about:
7.92x87 Spanish ATR
7.92x107 Polish Maroszek
7.92x145 Czech ZVV
American experimental T5 50/30  (That's a .50 necked down to a .30 M2AP)
The original antitank rifle was the 13.2x92 SR 1918 German Mauser
It never stops
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Thanks for the info, gents, much appreciated.

The Polish round is #2 on the list

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top