Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked up 5 boxes. I wanna see how this shoots outta my AR thats sporting a nitrided Rock Creek barrel.
View Quote

How does that nitride Rock creek barrel shoot? And where'd you get it?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got some from PSA.  I haven't shot any yet, but here's the powder listed on the box in case that means anything.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]
i was all excited when i saw that UPS delivered my PSA order of CBC because i was going to take it to the range tomorrow.  that is, until i noticed that the box was no where to be found.  looks like someone swiped it from my porch  
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
That sucks. How much did you order??
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That sucks. How much did you order??
View Quote

just one box.  was going to see how it did in my 1:9 AUG before deciding on a bigger order

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Check your neighbors...I have had UPS deliver my stuff there. I once found a small package containing a new BCG sitting at their front door a week after it was "delivered".

I shot some CBC yesterday and my BCM 16" pencil barrel really liked it. One 5 shot group was .80" while another had 4 shots in a .40" cluster while the fifth went wild trashing it. Most of my rifles prefer Black Hills or the IMI load for the 77gr but CBC is close behind. I was surprised how well it shot in the BCM barrel.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunslinger, it's a beautiful rifle. How does it do with lighter bullets? It could be that it just doesn't like 77 grain ammunition, for some arcane reason; at least not the two brands you've tried. Don't give up yet. Handloads might be an option. If you don't reload, perhaps you might have a buddy who will mentor you and allow you to use his equipment. Best of luck!
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#8]
ok, UPS found my box (left at wrong address down the street) and i'm gonna take it to the range sunday if the weather isnt too bad.

anyone else notice that the rounds smell like an old army surplus store?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else have results to post on this ammo?
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#10]

If you guys really want to check the accuracy of a specific round, you really need to remove the human variable and only allow the ammo and the barrel as the only variables.

I use a Caldwell Lead-Sled for this. It holds the rifle steady and negates any human induced motion.

It's the only way to shoot a ladder test for working up loads.

Saw them on sale for 99 bucks the other day.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Anyone else have results to post on this ammo?
View Quote

AUG-A1; 1:9 twist 20" barrel; 1.5x optic

50 yds

CBC 77gr SMK

Top group: 0.75" (5 rds)

Center group: 1.625" (10 rds)

Bottom group: 0.5: (5 rds)

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you guys really want to check the accuracy of a specific round, you really need to remove the human variable and only allow the ammo and the barrel as the only variables.

I use a Caldwell Lead-Sled for this. It holds the rifle steady and negates any human induced motion.

It's the only way to shoot a ladder test for working up loads.

Saw them on sale for 99 bucks the other day.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/img/products/original/caldwell_lead_sled_dft_1138393_7_og.jpg

View Quote

Agreed. Read my long winded post a page back.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Installed a new upper on one of my AR's 14.5 MicroMoa barrel,  while sighting in shot a 5 shot group with this ammo and aimpoint T-1. Was so impressed I'm going to throw one of my scopes on it and shoot a few 10 shot groups next chance I get out.
" />
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Installed a new upper on one of my AR's 14.5 MicroMoa barrel,  while sighting in shot a 5 shot group with this ammo and aimpoint T-1. Was so impressed I'm going to throw one of my scopes on it and shoot a few 10 shot groups next chance I get out.

http://<a href=http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y393/TATBME/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps6deznqov.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

whats the size of that group?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top