Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2014 3:26:01 PM EDT
PMC bronze is my basic blasting load, but I'm wondering how Wolf Gold compares? Does one run hotter than the other? PMC bronze will not lock back on my rifle once its dirty (500+ before cleaning) but haven't had any other issues. PMC bronze can hold 2 MOA at 50 yards (1"), but I'm mostly blasting so accuracy is not a huge issue as long as it's not horrifically bad. Is Wolf gold dirtier than normal? Or basically the same as any other brass cased?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
According to interwebz, wolf gold is Thai made xm193
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Taiwanese (Blue (Capitalist) Chinese)-made M193-spec velocity, not Thai.

Much, much hotter than PMC. Great stuff for the price, and you're supporting the Chinese that fought the Communists after WWII (and lost).

If you're not sitting on two cases of it, you're missing the boat.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No contest.... Wolf Gold for the win.

PMC Bronze is quite slow... even for .223.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but PMC Bronze is easy on my steel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good point, I don't shoot my steel targets any closer than 100 yards. Getting something as slow as PMC might help.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Wolf Gold for me. It's hotter, just as reliable and in my experience, slightly more accurate. It's been a while since I've compared prices, but the last box of Wolf Gold I purchased, it was about a cent two less per round than PMC. Pretty much a win on every metric.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
From what I've done with my ARs, there is nothing the PMC will do that Wolf Gold won't do better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Really thinking of picking up a case of this wolf gold...just dont know if i should do it now or wait...as right now, cheapest i have found is 320 shipped for 1k of wolf gold
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From what I've done with my ARs, there is nothing the PMC will do that Wolf Gold won't do better.
View Quote

This. Unless there's a significant price difference, I see no reason not to use WG over PMC.
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I ended up ordering Wolf Gold to give it a try. This ammo will be for blasting/plinking though, so being hotter isn't really an advantage in my opinion. If anything, I should be able to get back on target quicker with the lower pressure ammo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ended up ordering Wolf Gold to give it a try. This ammo will be for blasting/plinking though, so being hotter isn't really an advantage in my opinion. If anything, I should be able to get back on target quicker with the lower pressure ammo.
View Quote

Depends, I've had 14.5" midlengths and 20" A2 clones fail to lock the bolt open last shot with PMC Bronze .223. That's just a little too cold for my taste.

Not to mention you're building training scars if your fighting ammo loading is hot (5.56?) and you're used to following through with lower-pressure stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#13]
1000 rounds wolf gold at sgammo $309.50 + $16.00 shipping.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Wolf brass case is now $304/case (30c/round) shipped.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wolf brass case is now $304/case (30c/round) shipped.   http://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf-gold-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-wg59-p-4316.aspx

View Quote

Is there a hidden charge at checkout? I'm seeing $299.50. The question is do we play chicken and see if it goes down some more (like gasoline seems to be doing) or buy it now?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]
They add $4.34 for shipping insurance. My total was $303.84, a great deal. I don't think it can go much lower.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the notice! Missed this deal last time. This is a great deal!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I went with the Wolf and have been shooting it for the last few weeks. No complaints. It's hotter than the PMC, but not quite as hot as M855 or my defensive load which is 77grain IMI.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Wanted to say thanks just placed my order. I am in Illinois  and it is a pain to get ammo shipped but this was very very easy to do . you just place the order then email them your scanned foid card drivers liscence and order number. Mine shipped already so we will see if it really shows up. By the way they will not ship to Chicago.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is there a hidden charge at checkout? I'm seeing $299.50. The question is do we play chicken and see if it goes down some more (like gasoline seems to be doing) or buy it now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wolf brass case is now $304/case (30c/round) shipped.   http://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf-gold-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-fmj-wg59-p-4316.aspx

It'll continue to go down. Sales are anemic in the industry, and other industries like food. Add to it the Ebola panic, and it's a gloomy outlook.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:35:29 AM EDT
[#21]
So is the WOLF Gold loaded to M193 velocity?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:18:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So is the WOLF Gold loaded to M193 velocity?
View Quote
I chrono'd some at 3235 fps out of a 20" CL.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:59:40 AM EDT
[#23]
If you are a reloader, get the bronze.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It'll continue to go down. Sales are anemic in the industry, and other industries like food. Add to it the Ebola panic, and it's a gloomy outlook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember we are always just another Sandy Hook/election/sanction away from a buck a round panic price.  Don't say you weren't told
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have always like PMC Bronze as plinking ammunition.  My LGS which happens to be The Armory has the Wolf Gold for $309 per 10000, comes in a new USGI ammo can.  Best part is I can order online for in store pickup.  Sucky part is paying sales tax..

Looking at some reviews to see if I should grab a can on the way home.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Remember we are always just another Sandy Hook/election/sanction away from a buck a round panic price.  Don't say you weren't told
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Just saw this on wikiarms and pulled the trigger. Never used wolf gold but will give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I have always like PMC Bronze as plinking ammunition.  My LGS which happens to be The Armory has the Wolf Gold for $309 per 10000, comes in a new USGI ammo can.  Best part is I can order online for in store pickup.  Sucky part is paying sales tax..

View Quote
I think you will like it. It's fast and accurate.  The Nationalist Chinese seem to be making some good ammo.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough to say this time around. Credit cards are still maxed out by those folks that panic bought.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's great stuff. Mac @ Thebangswitch.com did a review on it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  SGA has it for  $279.50 + shipping ($16.00 for me). http://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-performance-ammunition/sale-1000-round-case-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-brass-case-non-magneti
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  SGA has it for  $279.50 + shipping ($16.00 for me). http://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-performance-ammunition/sale-1000-round-case-223-rem-55-grain-fmj-brass-case-non-magneti

Got this same alert from SGammo this morning.  Just tried to order a case after reading about the school shooting in Washington...already sold out.

So...went to Targetsport's website (above) and ordered a case of Wolf Gold from them.  They're still indicating it as in stock, as of a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Got this same alert from SGammo this morning.  Just tried to order a case after reading about the school shooting in Washington...already sold out.

So...went to Targetsport's website (above) and ordered a case of Wolf Gold from them.  They're still indicating it as in stock, as of a few minutes ago.
View Quote

Here we go again!!  Time to panic
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing for me!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mebbee not.  SGA say they have more WG "coming soon".  Darn good ammo for a helluva price.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Taiwanese (Blue (Capitalist) Chinese)-made M193-spec velocity, not Thai.

Much, much hotter than PMC. Great stuff for the price, and you're supporting the Chinese that fought the Communists after WWII (and lost).

If you're not sitting on two cases of it, you're missing the boat.
View Quote

How is it compare to the PMC XM193?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Am I the only one that doesn't understand the .223 ammo loaded to M193 specs?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#37]
I try to stash away m193 and m855.

For plinking, the bronze is easier on your barrels, targets and is better brass for reloading. No crimp, low pressure means it doesnt get beat up.

So echoing the words above. Depends on what you want it for... Sounds like bronze is the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Any bets on blow out pricing come Black Friday ? I say we'll see $259 a case offered by someone, and free shipping
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got a can from here. $309.99 1000rds.
Shipping was fast and it came in a used LC m855 marked can.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/223-remington-556x45mm-55gr-fmj-wolf-gold-ammo-case-1000rds-new-ammo-can.html
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top