Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 3:36:31 PM EDT
I recently bought a 420-round can of XM193 (on 10-round stripper clips) because it was on sale cheap with free shipping. I figured I'd give it to my son since I have plenty of 5.56 for myself.

And I figured I would buy him a StripLULA.

I have lots of GI mags, but his are all Magpul mags. Does anyone know if the StripLULA works with Magpul mags?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The USGI loading tool will work with Pmags. I've loaded my Pmags with them without major problems.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have striplula or somehting else I hear they work fairly well. I picked up a pack of 500 stripper clips and gi loaders like the above poster showed. They are a pain in the ass to do it by hand it does take some force. I can't imagine fucking with them in battle.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're using metal stripper clips soak them in Kano Labs LUBRICONE and let it dry first.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, Pmags are all made to be used with a charger or a spoon or whatever you want to call it.  The Striplula uses the same grooves to mount on.

I've never used the striplula, but it looks like it works pretty slick.  I don't have any problem with the USGI charger so I doubt I'll ever pay 25 bucks for the lula.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I load all my mags from strippers if I can, I just find it faster at the range, I load my strippers at home while watching a movie or whatever
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have striplula or somehting else I hear they work fairly well. I picked up a pack of 500 stripper clips and gi loaders like the above poster showed. They are a pain in the ass to do it by hand it does take some force. I can't imagine fucking with them in battle.
View Quote

I have a feeling that you are not pushing them down at the base of the rounds.

I have always used the USGI spoons and no problems.

OP: YES, StripLULA works with Magpul mags.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#7]
StripLULA has worked for me with every brand of GI mag I have, all generations of Magpuls in all different capacities and Lancers. The only slight issue I've had has been with D&H mags. If I just pop on the StripLULA, drop in a stripper clip and push down on the thing that pushes down the ammo, it will jam up about half of the time. It seems the very tip of a round will hit the top/front of the mag and cause the round to angle upwards and cause a traffic jam of ammo. I've found a trick to prevent it...kinda hard to describe though, basically I just keep my thumb as a guide to keep the ammo fully rearward. Not a big deal now that I fingered it out.  Other than the D&H mags the rest load up perfectly every time.

I loaded every mag by hand for YEARS however this year decided to give the StripLULA a try. It is an absolute must have item for me now! I used to load a dozen or more mags at home and bring them to the range because I didn't want to waste time having to load them while I was there. Now I load up 3-4 mags and bring the StripLULA along with a bunch of ammo on stripper clips to the range. I can load up those 3-4 mags in a minute or two. It's funny, literally every single time I've gone to the range since buying the StripLULA someone comes up to me and asks me about it. I tell them how great it is and let them load up a mag. They all say the same thing, "Where do I get one of these!?"
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I recently bought a 420-round can of XM193 (on 10-round stripper clips) because it was on sale cheap with free shipping. I figured I'd give it to my son since I have plenty of 5.56 for myself.

And I figured I would buy him a StripLULA.

I have lots of GI mags, but his are all Magpul mags. Does anyone know if the StripLULA works with Magpul mags?

View Quote

Works like a champ with Pmags.  You do have to hold the StripLULA tail firmly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Striplula works FINE with PMags.  It saves your thumbs from lots of extra wear, too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The great thing about the StripLula is that it works really well with loose rounds as well.  I can load a mag almost as quickly with them loose as with a clip.  Just grab 10 rounds out of the box, fan them out in your hand and just mash them into the striplula and then drop the little lever.

With a little practice it is easy to load a 30 rnd mag in about 20 secs even without stripper clips.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, thanks for the quick replies and great advice!

I realized, after I posted this in the Ammo forum, that it should have gone into the Magazines forum, as it has more to do with mags than it does with ammo. So if the Mods want to move it, that's okie dokie.

StripLULA on its way. Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The great thing about the StripLula is that it works really well with loose rounds as well.  I can load a mag almost as quickly with them loose as with a clip.  Just grab 10 rounds out of the box, fan them out in your hand and just mash them into the striplula and then drop the little lever.

With a little practice it is easy to load a 30 rnd mag in about 20 secs even without stripper clips.
View Quote
;) works great!

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I've ripped my fingers up too many times with GI spoons.  StripLULA works great with both stripper clips and loading loose rounds.  I'm slowly buying one for each of my SHTF stash ammo cans.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, the StripLULA is wonderful for keeping delicate hands delicate.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, the StripLULA is wonderful for keeping delicate hands delicate.
View Quote

And bloody fingers make it difficult to handle your weapon.  Delicate fingers or not, unless you're VERY used to loading magazines from strippers, the StripLula is much better than using spoons.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry,
I just never heard so many people complain about hurting themselves with such a simple device.

I am glad that P-38's are not needed anymore,
no telling how many people cut off their fingers off trying to eat a can of peaches.

But I digress.....

I never hurt myself loading magazines over the years using stripper clips and spoons,

so I don't know the pain.

I will be quiet.

<I never said the StripLULA was not a good device>

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:58:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I do fine with GI spoons...   when I wear gloves!  Maybe the fact that I have a metric shit ton of used recycled rusty stripper clips has something to do with it?  StripLULA is the best tool for the job.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry,
I just never heard so many people complain about hurting themselves with such a simple device.

I am glad that P-38's are not needed anymore,
no telling how many people cut off their fingers off trying to eat a can of peaches.

But I digress.....

I never hurt myself loading magazines over the years using stripper clips and spoons,

so I don't know the pain.

I will be quiet.

<I never said the StripLULA was not a good device>

View Quote
Just to be clear, I'm a health care professional and have to keep my hands both uninjured and soft enough to feel stuff that takes a long time to learn to feel; I HAVE TO avoid hurting my thumbs with strippers.  On the other hand, if you're taught correctly, using a stripper clip with a spoon is NOT a problem.  

But I can't tell you the number of fudged-up clips I've seen on military ranges - obviously having been goofed up by trainees pushing on the shoulder or neck of the round instead of at the base (it's the only way I can think of to get that kind of notches in the clip).  So military firearms instructors (Air Force in my experience, but probably not JUST Air Force) are "doing it wrong" when they "teach" their students how to use strippers, and that's probably the real root of this issue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Basically stripper clips are awesome for very quick reloading... they are a pain in the ass to "fill" with ammo... but well worth it IMHO.

And yes they work with my Magpuls.

Both USGI and Magpul will save your hands if you have 100's of rounds to load for matches.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I bought a loading tool for a Beta mag and that works great also.
View Quote

This!

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top